LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1975 450 SLC - Climate Control Conundrum

So this being my first post, please let me know if I'm doing anything terribly wrong...

Here goes. I just purchased an extremely low milage (24,5XX) 1975 450 SLC. It's my first experience with a Benz from before 1980, so I have a few questions concerning the somewhat puzzling climate control system. My goal is simple: I want cool air, and cool air only, to enter the cabin of the car. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with either a duct or a controller somewhere in the system which causes hot air to enter the cabin by way of the leftmost/rightmost vents and the floor vents. The area under the dashboard becomes hot to the touch, with full A/C blowing or with the whole system turned off. If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this, or if anyone has knowledge of the internals of the climate system, I'd be super grateful for their insight.

If you need to take a look at what the front panel looks like, I could only find one image which is only roughly similar (I think it could be a later model year). http://bit.ly/LS1Cs0

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1975 450SL
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I would suggest you go over to the 107 forum here, R/C107 SL/SLC Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum . There is a sticky topic titled Encyclopedia Germanica v107 that has a massive amount of information. There are threads on everything associated with all 3 different types of aircon/heat controls. (mine is totally non-functional, otherwise I'd be able to tell you)

There's a lot of people there with a lot of knowledge that they are willing to share, it's one of the best and most active forums for the SL and SLC between '72 and '89 on the net.

Remember: It's not just a car. It's an Adventure.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Thanks so much! The E.G. looks great.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: