LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
HELP wanted to buy my first benz

I want to buy a well kept benz for 10.000 or less in or around the Kentucky area. I like the older models as far as looks . I would like to hear from techs or people who owned a lot of this type of car. I would even buy a car up to 1995. What where the good years and models? Can all of you help I want a 4 door care to start with then a 350 or 450 for myself to cherry out to keep for my sons when the chase girls. Old benz,s or great lady chasing cars. Kim
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 05:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Where in Kentucky are you?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
buying a benz

I am in Alaska on the Bering Sea right now but will be moving down there in Oct. I have seen a lot of 300 320 and some 280,s for sale in the state of Kentucky. They talk on craiglist about rust how do they get rust there salt in the winter? It would be smart to buy a car on your state as I have read no rust. I found very clean 350sl in Iny for 10.000 with 79.000 miles and another 350SL with 61.000 for 15.000 I like the SL,s but I need a four door for the kids. I sort of want a 300D but was told they are hard to find with low miles. I talked with a dealer and he had 2001 suv model coming in with 120.000 miles for 12.000 sounded sort of high but from Benz dealer. I sure would like to know what the good years where in the 300 & 320,s gas engine would be ok I think they get decent mileage. I hope to buy a older SL model when I get to drive by myself or just with one of the kids. I also am looking at BMW,sbut think the Benz is a better made car but dont really know input please Guys.Kim
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1962 W111 220SE Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi, the W124 section of this forum will show you some of the better made and least problematic MBs but the W210 is also a fun and newer styled choice. There are various styles that fall within that designation so maybe check out those forums and see if anything suits you. Your budget should allow for a very good example of either. I'd avoid the SUV if this is your first Benz, the older ML's were known to cause some people some headaches.

If you will be driving down from Alaska I suggest you buy an MB in WA, OR or CA for a totally rust free car. Oregon cars are plentiful in Portland with a huge support system here for the older cars, so lots in good shape still on the road, CA is hit or miss on condition, it's much drier there too leading to it's own issues, but the best prices for MB for sure.

The Coupe Group (W111/112 coupes and cabs)official website
The Coupe Group on Facebook

"Too many people are working at jobs they hate, to buy things they don't particularly want, to impress people they don't even care about." --Dr. Deepak Chopra
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: