Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W116/110.989 drops after 1-2 seconds

687 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  David.Solheim@gmail.com 
#1 ·
My Mercedes 280se With newer engine (110.989) runned like a dream a week ago. Trued to start it again after a week but it wouldent run. The fuelpump didnt start either. I have tried to renew the fuelpumprelay, and checked all fuses, but it didnt help. If i "shortcut" the relay, the fuelump runs when turning the key, and the car starts for 1-2 seconds. Anyone with suggestions?:crybaby2:

#2 ·
The car is now running (almost) perfect. The problem was as alot of you suggested around this forum the fuelpump relay. The reason for taking me so long to find this problem was that alot of the times it started perfectly, and than not...

The car is now running perfect, except that I loose power around 70-85 km/h. If anyone has a list of how to tune this engine (fuel/air/ignition) it would be great.

Pictures of the car to follow!

David

#3 ·
The car is now running (almost) perfect. The problem was as alot of you suggested around this forum the fuelpump relay. The reason for taking me so long to find this problem was that alot of the times it started perfectly, and than not...

The car is now running perfect, except that I loose power around 70-85 km/h. If anyone has a list of how to tune this engine (fuel/air/ignition) it would be great.

Pictures of the car to follow!

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.