LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1979 280SE fuel problems

Hi my son has a 1979 280se. It has ran fine until the other day. He went to start it and it would just turns over but not start. I checked it out and it sounded like a clogged fuel filter. I could prime it and get it to start but not continue to run. I replaced the fuel filter and it started and ran, reved up and ran for about 5 minutes then shut down again. I would prime it and have the same original problem. I transported the car home and two days later tried to start it and it started again but only for about 2 minutes. I checked the voltage at the pump while it was running and got 13+ volts. There is no voltage at the pump with just the key on and the engine not running. Qeustion:
1-Could it be the relay? and if so where is it and how can I check it out?
2-Does anybody has a list of the fuses?
3-What other things can I check out ?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: