1967 250 sl - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jun 2004
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Total waste of time sending the injection piump to Adsitco because they send it to Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection in South San Francisco.
Send the injection pump directly to Gus and he will invoice you for the repairs when it is ready. He does pumps from all over the world so Venezuela is not a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmripper View Post
forgive my ignorance. But i thought sl was the carb version and se was the mechanical fuel injection version. Am I wrong?

I really dont know all the version, my dad owns a 250sl and there is not carburator anywhere.. only the injectors... my dad is always happy saying this old car uses that technology since those days..
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 AM
GGR
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: W111 Coupe
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabrera View Post
... we change with a mechanic the fuel tank, the fuel pump, installed air filter, fuel filter and all the injector was replaced as well, all from mbmiller.com internet of course.. now the mechanic says the injection pump is not working properly and the only guy who repaired this kind of pump. is leaving the bussiness, unninstalling all his equipment and leaving an empty space to all the people who owns one of this car..
It looks like you have embarked in that approach consisting of replacing parts until it works. I would suggest you find a competent mechanic able to do a precise diagnosis of the problem. These injection pumps are very reliable and I doubt it needs a rebuild at only 60.000 kms. You don't want to pay big money only to find out afterwards the problem was something else that could have been sorted out for a fraction of the expense. May be it's just the rack which is gummed up due to lack of use.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercmad6.3 View Post
Total waste of time sending the injection piump to Adsitco because they send it to Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection in South San Francisco.
Send the injection pump directly to Gus and he will invoice you for the repairs when it is ready. He does pumps from all over the world so Venezuela is not a problem.
the only way to talk to gus is trought phone?
is there any other way.. if not.. i will call him tomorrow
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 64' 220SEc, 72' 300SEL 6.3, lots of parts
Correct response,
it may be cheaper to diagnose first,

to check the rack, pull off the ball end actuator rods, with engine idling, move both air and fuel arms by hand and observe if you can make them sync and gain rpm, then re-connect and observe.
If the rack is stuck it is easily cleaned and freed-up.

Brian O
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
Correct response,
it may be cheaper to diagnose first,

to check the rack, pull off the ball end actuator rods, with engine idling, move both air and fuel arms by hand and observe if you can make them sync and gain rpm, then re-connect and observe.
If the rack is stuck it is easily cleaned and freed-up.

after too much ask in my country I get in touch with a Mb Owner who told me, is not possible that pump is damage.. unmount it if its neccesary, then calibrate it and get into its place again... so next days.. am gonna check if I can get it to works ... i will post my comments later.

thanks any help would be glad
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
63 sl fuel pump

Hi,

I'm kind of a novice but fairly mechanical. I am rebuilding my fuel pump on my 63 230sl (the later version). Do you know where I can find the parts for the rebuild?

thanks
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabrera View Post
Hi dear friends, I will be honest, my dad owns a car an mb 1967 250sl, its the only owner of the car from all these years.. the car must be about 40.000 miles or 60.000 km, he uses it very few times, like two years ago we start to repair the car (the car wasnt starting) we change with a mechanic the fuel tank, the fuel pump, installed air filter, fuel filter and all the injector was replaced as well, all from mbmiller.com internet of course.. now the mechanic says the injection pump is not working properly and the only guy who repaired this kind of pump. is leaving the bussiness, unninstalling all his equipment and leaving an empty space to all the people who owns one of this car..

I Have read a little about the injection pump itselfs.. I know is the same model for 230-250-280 and also know that use a cilinder for each injector. the problem is not the parts itselfs.. is to find someone who really knows what is going wrong and repair it.

I would be very glad if you give me some advice, I repeat, only owner, not crashed, very few used car...

I will try to take a pic from the injection pump itself but that will be next week.. thanks a lot.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 AM
GGR
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: W111 Coupe
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionbob View Post
Hi,

I'm kind of a novice but fairly mechanical. I am rebuilding my fuel pump on my 63 230sl (the later version). Do you know where I can find the parts for the rebuild?

thanks
bob

Are you talking about the injection pump (on the engine) or the fuel pump (next to the gas tank)?

I have a New Old Stock original MB/Bosh equipment still in its box, never used, for sale if you need it.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
It is the fuel pump next to the tank. I've got it off and taken apart and cleaned up. Right now I'm looking for the parts for a rebuild. I'm having trouble finding a place to buy them. I know George has a kit, but I can't seem to find his contact information.

Thanks
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGR View Post
Are you talking about the injection pump (on the engine) or the fuel pump (next to the gas tank)?

I have a New Old Stock original MB/Bosh equipment still in its box, never used, for sale if you need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in