post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1968 250SE S-Class. 1988 560SEC S-Class Widebody
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.SON View Post
i did 3 coils in the front and 2 in the back.. as far as the ride its great. no that much of a difference in ride, steering feels good. i dont drive the car very fast but for the past two weeks ive been driving it every day. I got the car on the 9th of october and lowered it at a local shop that did it right (considering that the coils being cut). they un-installed and reinstalled the coils till they got the height i wanted. its now settled and looks a bit lower but still rides good. its not gonna be as good as stock but you always have your limitations with lowered cars. it does camber but it doesnt bother me much. if you have any more questions im more than glad to help. Ive been looking for help on the web but couldnt find anything on the subject
Yes, information on these being lowered is hard to come by. I think it looks quite good, I would like to go low but perhaps an inch or so higher than what you have there. I would like to see the rear white tire line covered by the fender and the front fender just covering the top of the front tire, while keeping the whole car level.

Just need to wait for some funds to get some other things sorted first.

What roughly did your shop charge you if you don't mind me asking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&WCali View Post
Yes, information on these being lowered is hard to come by. I think it looks quite good, I would like to go low but perhaps an inch or so higher than what you have there. I would like to see the rear white tire line covered by the fender and the front fender just covering the top of the front tire, while keeping the whole car level.

Just need to wait for some funds to get some other things sorted first.

What roughly did your shop charge you if you don't mind me asking?
the look that you want should ride great. i think the height that you want should of been the stock height from the factory. as far as price for a job like this... if you have the tools and the time do it. get a buddy to help and it should be even quicker.
i wouldnt pay more than 200 for a job like that. i paid 180. but thats from a shop thats gonna do it right. 25 bucks a corner dont sound bad considering the work. you just wanna get the height that you want perfect and thats the hard part. cause that means installing and reinstalling the coils.
what part of cali you from? im from sunny san diego. let me know maybe i can recommend some place where youre at
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
the look that you want should ride great. i think the height that you want should of been the stock height from the factory. as far as price for a job like this... if you have the tools and the time do it. get a buddy to help and it should be even quicker.
i wouldnt pay more than 200 for a job like that. i paid 180. but thats from a shop thats gonna do it right. 25 bucks a corner dont sound bad considering the work. you just wanna get the height that you want perfect and thats the hard part. cause that means installing and reinstalling the coils.
what part of cali you from? im from sunny san diego. let me know maybe i can recommend some place where youre at
ok, yep thats why I want it lower, it think it just looks right. some 6.3's I've seen rider a bit lower and I think it looks spot on.

I noticed your plates the other day were from cali. I'm from San diego too, I live around carlsbad..

for sure lemme know if you have a recommendation or even if you wanna catch up one day and say hey. id love to see your car
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&WCali View Post
ok, yep thats why I want it lower, it think it just looks right. some 6.3's I've seen rider a bit lower and I think it looks spot on.

I noticed your plates the other day were from cali. I'm from San diego too, I live around carlsbad..

for sure lemme know if you have a recommendation or even if you wanna catch up one day and say hey. id love to see your car
IF you have faith in you mechanic and he says hes done it, and the price is right(im thinking $100) let him do it. i went to a couple other places and they didnt even wanna do it. Not cause it was unsafe(theyve been doin it for years) but cause it wasnt worth their time. i would of done it myself but it wasnt worth my time but... if this is your first time to lower a car.. do it yourself (with some help of course) youll learn more about the car and it saves bucks for other stuff
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
IF you have faith in you mechanic and he says hes done it, and the price is right(im thinking $100) let him do it. i went to a couple other places and they didnt even wanna do it. Not cause it was unsafe(theyve been doin it for years) but cause it wasnt worth their time. i would of done it myself but it wasnt worth my time but... if this is your first time to lower a car.. do it yourself (with some help of course) youll learn more about the car and it saves bucks for other stuff
Yea I trust him but I think he'll be more expensive. He's $85 an hour.

I was thinking of buying all new pads too if mine are worn (they might still be original rubber) but I think its close to $200 for all new pads eeeeekkk.

would love to try it myself and learn as I go but got nowhere to do it!

I've only ever paid to have my cars lowered so no experience with it....

Where in SD are you?
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
im in the southbay. i went to ronnies in national city. Those guys can make anything happen. They got a couple mini truck guys that work there so you know that they have your suspension needs.
I ended up going there cause me garage is full of by bros old stuff.
Anyone with some wheels for me in your neck of the woods?
OH and do you have any pics of your car?
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

oh nice, it would be nice to get my car sorted in the next few weeks.

haven't been following wheels for sale lately but if i see anything ill let you know, something might be on the other forums i look at

heres some pics

post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Gorgeous Car!!
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Gorgeous Car!!
Thanks man, it's been good to me so far.

I'm getting a full genuine MB exhaust put on next wednesday. should beat the hell outta the crap aftermarket one that is on there

you should join up at peachparts.com if you havent already its a good site, heaps on knowledgable ppl

here my cars link on there

Just purchased 1968 280se Mercedes. So-cal - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: 67 300 SEL, 85 500 SEL, 90 420 SEL
Quote:
the look that you want should ride great. i think the height that you want should "of " been the stock height from the factory. as far as price for a job like this... if you have the tools and the time do it. get a buddy to help and it should be even quicker.
i "wouldnt" pay more than 200 for a job like that. i paid 180. but thats from a shop thats "gonna" do it right. 25 bucks a corner "dont" sound bad considering the work. you just "wanna" get the height that you want perfect and thats the hard part. "cause" that means installing and reinstalling the coils.
what part of cali you from? "im" from sunny san diego. let me know maybe i can recommend some place where "youre at"

Hi,
after reading your latest post I understand now why you want some big wheels and a lowrider. LOL.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in