This is the start of the planning of the project:
What will need to be done:
1. Motor mounts. I made sure to get the engine arms from the C230. I may go back for the front crossmember.
2. Transmission Mounts. I got the C230 mount and will probably adapt from there.
3. Custom Driveshaft. This will graft the C230 and the MB 200 together.
4. Possible custom radiator. Either have a radiator shop add a core to the existing radiator
or have Griffen or someone make a custom.
5. Will need high pressure fuel pump / regulator and fuels lines to match. I have used a MSD 2225 and regulator before.
6. Tranmission shift linkage will need to be fabricated. I may go back and get the center console.
7. Hook up of Megasquirt and initial tuning. I have a spare MS II lying around and a relay board to go with it.
8. Getting Megashift to work. (this may be a big part of the work. Depends if it works right away.)
THis uses the MS GPIO board and the Megashift firmware to match.
Here: GPIO Basic Kit DIYAutoTune.com
And Here:GPIO Application Kit - MegaShift DIYAutoTune.com
Details: MegaShift - (c) 2004, 2012 Bowling and Grippo
Execution of this build will be done in cooperation of a shop. I have too many projects at the moment,
and if I take this on by myself, it will not get finished until I retire. I don't want to wait that
long. I have started communicating with one shop at the moment, and will have more info on that soon.
The big hurdle at the moment is getting the electronic transmission to work. There are solenoids that
actuate the gear changes. And I need to know how they work, the wiring diagram, and the current needed
for each of the solenoids. Some of the trans require combinations of solenoids to change gears.
You can see where this will get complicated.
Please feel free to comment.