Why are w108's so cheap? - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 08:38 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 280 SE 4.5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I'm not from the middle east, but the mid west. . lame attempt at humor. Anyway, I hav had sooo many hackers try to bust into my email from trying to sell it online. . now I'm keeping it but am on the search for better tires.
Sponsored Links
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 1971 Mercedes 280sel (w108)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
something is fishy here. I own a 1971 280 SEL with a 2.8 litre straight 6. I have owned it for two yrs. runs great and I get compliments everyday. Mine is not fast or perfect, but it loods good. I drive it every day with the original engine, trans., and rear end. If your car runs so perfect and is like brand new, then why sell it? You need a car, right , you got one
As far as Mercedes 108's being cheap, I don't get it. they list for $4200-12,000. When new mine was $8000.00. Cars depreciate, not appreciate. So if, 40 years later, they still are worth the same, that is a plus. Only a select few vehicles achieve a boost in value. Find me a 4 door sedan that is worth alot more than it was when it was new. Just cause it is a Mercedes does not change the equation. But again, if you are lucky enough to have a 108 that is "almost perfect" than my advice is to keep it, not sell it.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: