LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
W111 Engine - Transmission Parts??

Greetings, I'm new to this forum but very active on "the samba" which is for old Volkswagens. Amongst my travels in Wichita, KS the other day I came across a guy who had some older mercedes parts and wondered if I could find out what they were and sell them for him.

From what I have researched so far I believe they are from a early 60s 220, 230, or 250 W111 series but don't know how to narrow it down any further than that. I posted the pics in an album which I will try to link to below. Any and all help narrowing down what they are from is greatly appreciated!

Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum - icemanhd's Album: W111 Parts (heads, manifolds, carbs, transmissions)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 1964 Mercedes 220Sb
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They look alot like mine and since they really didn't make that many parts back then I'd say they would probably work, I have a 1964 220S...

The transmissions are 4-speed (3 forward, 1 reverse) thats basically what they had then.

The valve cover on the heads have the vent in the same place as mine so I think thats right too.

Don't take my word on it, but most of the parts back then were interchangeable 1961-1965 on the 190(c, dc), 220(s, se), and some years of the other models (200, 230)

The solex carbs would put it right before mine, they switched to zenith in '63 or '64, so they are '61-'63ish

The only way you can really get it right is put "make sure the part matches your car before buying."

Last edited by tgikal; 06-11-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: