Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

240D Propane Injection

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  28rpu6 
#1 ·
I have heard a thousand differing opinions on this subject....ranging from how great it works to it just a waste of time and money.....is there anyone out there who has actually done this to their car, that can tell me how it worked for you......also is there anyway to get a headlight switch tested ?...and one more .....my car has the full glass covers for the headlights, I understand this is only seen on european cars.....does anyone know of a source for replacements for these???....thanks booray

#2 ·
Propane injection on a 240D is a total waste. Unless you're running a turbocharger and plan to drag race it, you're wasting your money.

You can test the switch by testing the terminals at the plugs which is easier than disassembling everything.

I think Adsit has replacement lens covers but I heard to stay away from them.

#3 ·
No matter what you do to a 240, it is still a 240. If you want to go "faster" get a 300. As for the switch, just like diametrical says, get out the schemat and check at the plug. For lenses, give John at T.P.S. in Tyler Texas a call. 903-858-1128 If he does not have them, he can let you know who does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.