Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FOUND: 2 unknown Finnies

794 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sulaco 
#1 ·
From a distance in a little town in MS, I happened to notice the unmistakable front-cap of a classic MB. As I got closer, I could tell it was older and smaller than I originally thought. As I got closer I found that I had stumbled upon two of them.

They are both fintail 190d's. They look like they are in absolute pristine condition (considering their age). They also look like they haven't been touched in years. The hood was popped on one and everything looked surprisingly clean and healthy. However, the door on the one in back was taken off and put on the one in front. I have no idea who they belong to or what the issue is. Pics attached.

I have 2 other benzes in my fleet that are my primary concern right now, as I am poor. But I can't stop thinking about these old girls. They were gorgeous and looked like they could be EASILY saved. The interiors looked unbelievably straight as well (despite missing a door on one).

What to do!

I can give info on the place where I found them if anyone has a particular interest and would like to track down the owner. he also had a couple other ("newer") MB's around. I believe I remember seeing a couple 70's SL's too.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I've come to acquire a 1980 240d and I've quickly fallen in love with old MB diesels. The specs on the engine in this car give an hp rating of 10 less than my 240d. Though, the 240d is a turtle when compared to my gasser w202, it's still more than enough to putt around in classic style. And these fintails are just too gorgeous and classic to ignore.

No offense to teh guys inquiring about info, but I'm going to discuss with the owner the details first, and if I'm not going to jump on them, I will be happy to give the info so anyone else can rescue these beauties and give them the love they deserve. They are simply too cool for school.

Note: they are behind an upholstery shop in Mississippi. They have the original owner's manuals lying inside both of them. I believe the owner has already done some work on the interiors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.