Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1972 300SEL 4.5

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  72benzyacht 
#1 ·
:confused:Hello my 1972 300SEL is not running anymore. The Ignition is ok, and I checked the Fuelpump, it is not running. I measured the electical power, it goes up to 12 Volt for less than a second, then down to zero. Is there a relais or a fuze for it? :bowdown:

#2 ·
That's normal - when you turn the ignition on but not the engine, the fuel relay kicks the fuel pump off. It just runs enough to get a little pressure in the lines.

What was your car doing before it stopped working? Was there a sudden change, or did the car gradually get worse and worse?

#4 ·
Does it turn over? Do you have fuel pressure. Check it at the cold start valve.. If the engine cranks over with no fuel pressure and 12v at the fuel pump. THE FUEL PUMP IS DEAD. Keep it simple. Check the obvious. Why do I feel like people dont even try anymore. They rely on others to do everything, Hey millerlang inorder fo us to help you we need more info. thanks.

#5 ·
subframe mounts

Hello
Thanks for your help.
I fixed the Problem, The fuelpump was blocked.
Now I have an other question.
Is there something special to know when replacing the subframe mounts and where can I get the struts that go from subframe to frame/stabilizer.

#6 ·
I'd always check with a dealer. then if no luck go aftermarket. The subframe mounts should be pretty easy. one bolt on top one on bottom you have to go throught the front coil spring on my car to get that bolt. then with the suspension suspended they should come out through the fenderwell. what struts are you talking about?

#9 ·
Don't go through the dealer - you'll be tossing money away and parts aren't hard to find.

Try Napa Autoparts or even Krakens first. I've always had good luck with them. Try also a place called adsitco (same web address by adding www and a .com to the end). I've had really good luck with them too.

When I got my first Mercedes, I did a general web search and saved the addresses of places I had luck with. Try a general google search using your car's year and model.

#10 ·
I work at a dealer! So I always so check with your dealer then atleast you have the corrct part number to go off of. Plus most Benz entheuseist prefer to use oem parts! Some other places do Cary oem parts as well but you best bet is to find someone who works at your local dealer and get there discount!!!! Then your gold.. I forgot you said 300 sel yeah that's the w109 the subframe mounts may be the same part number but removing them is probally different because of the air spring. Let me know what you find and if you have trouble I can probally look it up for ya :). I have our complete Manuel on disk it's awesome !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.