SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE THIS CAR!!!!!! - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 1968 w108 300SE
Location: The States
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop250SE View Post
The car is a 1967 production car. The reason your title says 1968 is because it was first registered in 1968.... Same goes for the 250 model cars for w111 and w108 chassis. You will sometimes come across 1968 250 cars. But the production for 250's was 1966 and 1967, it's just some cars were FIRST registered in 1968.

You can request info on your car from the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine, CA.... just give them a call and provide a VIN#
Thanks. I will try that so that I can get more info for when I sell the car. I am going to get the car running today (time permitting) so that it takes some of the fright out of the sale. When I had the head redone I got the factory service manuals for the engine. That should make it a bit simpler.
four28cobrajet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran
 
ChopTop250SE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 250SE RHD, 1969 300SE L, 1989 560SEC with AMG upgrades, 1998 s600 coupe
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ChopTop250SE
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by four28cobrajet View Post
Thanks. I will try that so that I can get more info for when I sell the car. I am going to get the car running today (time permitting) so that it takes some of the fright out of the sale. When I had the head redone I got the factory service manuals for the engine. That should make it a bit simpler.
If you decide you want to give it away to a good home where it will get the proper treatment, let me know I know it is highly unlikely but would not hurt to ask LOL

ChopTop250SE is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:46 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 1968 w108 300SE
Location: The States
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop250SE View Post
If you decide you want to give it away to a good home where it will get the proper treatment, let me know I know it is highly unlikely but would not hurt to ask LOL
Sadly it owes me too much money to give away. I have a guy in Miami Fl. that may be interested. I went and looked at a 250SE that has great doors and trunk lid so I may pick it up. If I go that direction. Anyway, thanks for trying to get people interested in my car.
four28cobrajet is offline  
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
g_k50's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 1990 420 sel 213,800 replaced water pump and radiator; the timing chain good
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is what $999 gets you in Las Vegas.

1974 Mercedes Benz 999 obo

1990 420 sel dark blue 235,900 WTB pass rear door navy blue ext, gray int.
g_k50 is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran
 
ChopTop250SE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 250SE RHD, 1969 300SE L, 1989 560SEC with AMG upgrades, 1998 s600 coupe
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ChopTop250SE
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by four28cobrajet View Post
Sadly it owes me too much money to give away. I have a guy in Miami Fl. that may be interested. I went and looked at a 250SE that has great doors and trunk lid so I may pick it up. If I go that direction. Anyway, thanks for trying to get people interested in my car.
Yes!!! Go that direction Save it.... I think it will take less to get that car back on its feet and shining than you imagine

ChopTop250SE is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:20 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 1968 w108 300SE
Location: The States
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop250SE View Post
Yes!!! Go that direction Save it.... I think it will take less to get that car back on its feet and shining than you imagine
Mercedes got back to me very quickly. It was produced March 9th 1966. It still has the original engine in it too. The car seems to be a numbers matching car that needs to be restored. Even the interior is still original... Now will I keep or sell... too hard to decide.
four28cobrajet is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
67300se5spd's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E320
Location: New York City
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by four28cobrajet View Post
Mercedes got back to me very quickly. It was produced March 9th 1966. It still has the original engine in it too. The car seems to be a numbers matching car that needs to be restored. Even the interior is still original... Now will I keep or sell... too hard to decide.
You're at the intersection called 'Sell ' or ' Keep & Spend Money ' . Only you can decide which option suits you the best.

Does the motor still turn after all this time sitting? This should be at the top of your list . If it will still run ?
67300se5spd is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 1968 w108 300SE
Location: The States
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67300se5spd View Post
You're at the intersection called 'Sell ' or ' Keep & Spend Money ' . Only you can decide which option suits you the best.

Does the motor still turn after all this time sitting? This should be at the top of your list . If it will still run ?
Oh yes the engine turns fine. I need to get the old fuel out of the car and do a compression check but it should still be good. I know it needed some fuel injection work before I parked it so after the compression check thats where I will start. I need to hear it run before I put any more money towards the body or interior.
four28cobrajet is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Feb 2010
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by four28cobrajet View Post
Mercedes got back to me very quickly. It was produced March 9th 1966. It still has the original engine in it too. The car seems to be a numbers matching car that needs to be restored. Even the interior is still original... Now will I keep or sell... too hard to decide.
How'd you contact them?

Former MB: "Miss Juliana" - 1972 280SEL 4.5
Current MB: 2013 C250
HBguy is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 04:50 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 1968 w108 300SE
Location: The States
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBguy View Post
How'd you contact them?
Follow the links on the Mercedes USA website to the classic center and you should be able to e-mail them the VIN off you car and they email you the build sheet for you car.
four28cobrajet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Save my car or buy another one? :/ Firewater W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 5 04-28-2009 07:50 AM
    Someone save this veggie car!! $100!!! DieselKraut W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 23 01-21-2009 11:34 AM
    Import a US Car and 'Save your $$$' CC Ryder W245 B-Class 6 03-11-2008 03:16 PM
    how do i save a number to the car? vims430 Audio & Telematics Forum 6 09-01-2007 12:19 PM
    Save a little bit of money on your car... WillSF555 R170 SLK-Class 0 08-05-2002 03:55 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome