Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What colour for my W111 3.5 Coupe?

27K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  GGR 
#1 ·
Now my bodyshell is in the paint shop and waits for the new colour. It was white but this is not my favorit. My car has tinted glass and original 300 SE chrome (factory fitted). I prefer the hubcaps to the alloys and it will get withe-wall tyres too (15mm) (205/65/R15-w126 steel-wheels and M100 caps) . The seats are in black leather.
My pagoda is in Db 516 (red), my 500 E W124 in almadinred 512 so why not 571 metallic red?
My favorite colour was ever 906 but with the chrome ?
Any Idea and fotos?

Thanks Pagodino

#3 ·
My coupe is Metallic Moss Green and I love it. Very Tutonic and fairly rare. If I had bought it new I would have chose that color. BTW-how do you know your car came from the factory with 300SE chrome? Is it on the data card?
Tony

#7 ·
hi there

you should see pics of my 3.5 coupe its gold i believe called sand beige the color imho is just LOVLEY im soooooo pleased with it, i bought my car from CA and im in dubai and at first i wasn't so sure about the brown leather but i just love the gold color

and im glad i went with the car, i have had a brown int. before in a 3.5 coupe thats why i wasn't keen on it, as my previous car had a silver paint job and it was okay but should have been black to be hoesnt., but it was a repaint and not original factory color combo

its true third time lucky, this is my third 3.5 coupe and my last the second was white over a real nice red color but that was a MA car so it had rust issues

this is a keeper, as you know its very hard to find good w111 coupe let alone a 3.5 coupe

good luck and do please keep us posted with whatever color you decide

#8 ·
I am struggling with this too. Here are some pics.
I think this one really shows how much visual bang the met red gets compared to white
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

All these are nice but no standout. No good for black interior.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle

I think this looks quite good, but still not amazing. Again, you would have to change the interior.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

I am thinking this is for me - the metallic grey colour. If anyone knows what the colour is, it would be much appreciated. I think it is from around '84-'90 or something like that. Panels have to be very good though.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

Here is a solid red
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mercedes-benz w111 Classic car

And another metallic red, though not on a coupe. I think the metallic red is really nice.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic

Good luck,
Drew

Attachments

#10 ·
Color

I love blue metallic colors but with black interior the red metalic will be fine. But the grey-metalics are very nice like middle grey, sand-grey and dark-grey metalic with black and color-windows would be fine. More picks, more picks...

Thanks pagodino

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks, but these are many of picks I posted in. So I am looking for more.

Pagodino
Its not a coupe, but an early 220SE Cabriolet. I love my color combo with wide whites, and its factory.

Attachments

Reactions: DirectLA
#15 ·
The coupes look so much cleaner without the side markers and round turn signals. I need to remove the ones installed installed by the PO when my coupe was imported in '75. I don't know if I could match the old single stage metallic paint.

#16 ·
Now of course those "round turn signals" were just a clumsy way of federalizing the lights. I always hated those on mine. The ideal IMO is to have them revert to fog lights (or driving lights) and then put clear corners in the stack. Can't find a photo of anyone having done that!

Although strictly speaking, of course, the ideal would involve the original ("Euro") light covers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.