Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

108/109 interests

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Grubeguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. Any other vintage 108/09 body people out there? I have had these cars for decades and really love them. My father had a few 300SEL cars years back including a rare 6cyl 300sel. Please chime in if there is some interests.

*I am also selling my excellent '73 280SEL 4.5 in the F/S section. Please take a look(before it gets lost in there).

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/1491719-f-s-73-280sel-4-5-a.html

-

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Great too see interests in these sedans that were literally unbreakable. I have had 10 since this last one I must sell. My father had about another twelve in all shapes and forms. I also am very fond with all the 3.5 configurations since I have had a few of those too. My favorite is the '71 3.5 coupe. A straight six version will also do(low grill).

-

#7 ·
Hey all! Big fan here. Never had a 109, but come close a few times. Had many a 108, including my current car. Had two 111 3.5 coupes, which I unceremoniously converted into convertibles. One had a four speed manual, which I found out was rather rare, right after I sold it. The other is one car that I never should have sold, but hindsight, what can I say. I have also had several 113's and would consider them to be close bretheren in many ways. If it weren't for things like a mortgage and college tuition, I would have more of any of these, but instead I have merely had them. But I treasure the experiences. Happy motoring to all!

#8 ·
Give me a oldie any day. 300 SEL, 600, any old finback, old 300's down to the 190 D are all ok by me. There is nothing like em.
On that topic I have Girling three piston caliper kits. Enough to do three calipers, they were for my old 220 S automatic. If you need them for $80 plus the fedex envelop to you, email PM me.

#10 ·
They're criminally gutless.
Speaking of "criminally" I just noticed under your avatar you also had a "stolen" 220SEb? That's the second coupe I have seen stolen (there was a recent 250SE Coupe that was also stolen in Sacramento). :eek:
So I presume 111/112 coupes are hot items for theft? Probably for dismantling by chop-shops or conversion to convertibles perhaps... :(

#11 ·
Love them! My dad bought this about 20 years ago (passed it on to me about 5 years ago) and it is still going strong.

Had it repainted and the front wings replaced a few years ago and replaced all the injectors last year.

That's all it has needed in 20 years (regular servicing keeps these things going strong).

Attachments

#12 ·
#13 ·
How many 300SEL 6 cyl cars are out there? How many still have the center console padding? Original interiors(back seats)?
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/1491719-f-s-73-280sel-4-5-a.html
Hi,

I have a 67 300 SEL with the M189 engine. It has 110k original miles,
all receipts since the very first day, original paint and original leather.
I am the second owner, had it since 1995. CA black plated.

Green with green leather (took me MANY years to find this color combo). Car has no silly aftermarket wheels, chrome wheel arches or aftermarket stereo. It's bonestock and I have the center console
padding.

Best regards

Hans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.