Found a cool guy and with his help I was able to purchase two struts, 20 lbs each 17" long extended with top and bottom brackets. total with shipping was $44. One did it, but I installed both of them to match. Ever since I did the plywood panels, the trunk springs could not support the extra weight, I measured and it was 6.5 lbs and the ends of the trunk (broom stick and scale). Now once I push the trunk button, it opens up by itself! Pretty happy with the way it came out. Bottom brackets were spot welded, top screwed in. Here is his number just in case anyone is interested: Mike 509-961-5273
Cleaned up the inside of the fender wells, the top of the headlight bucket was full of mud. Other than that, it all cleaned up nice, no rust found just like the rest of the car. I will POR15 everything, at least that is the plan, just don't know when... Got the new rotors, Zimmermann, got them from Pelican Parts, $45 each, new hoses, kept the old bearings, they were SKF and other than a good cleaning, they needed nothing else. Re-packed the hubs and just waiting for the brake pads to arrive. Lots of cleaning, old grease and mud during the past 49 years had made everything feel solid like concrete...
Backing plates were removed, I will wire clean them and POR15'em before I install them.
Look at the old rotors... Compare them to the new ones: 8.5 mm thick. Minimum was stamped at 10 mm.