New 250S Owner wanting assistance. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question New 250S Owner wanting assistance.

I am the new owner of a 1968 250S that I am fixing up.
It is in ok condition (good body, sm surface rust, good interior ok eng and trans) white with blue interior. My car has an automatic transmission and AC.

I am looking for some parts and some information.

The parts I need are an alternator(55amp), a turn signal switch, a clear beehive turn signal lens, a drivers side mirror and the drivers side top of the door panel in black.
If anyone has these parts available at a reasonable price contact me so we can make a deal. I do not have a lot of cash and I am trying to fix this great car up.

The question I have is what is the best location to jack up this car with a floor jack and what is the best place to put jack stands to work on the suspension and brakes front and rear. I need to lube the suspension and fix the emergency brake which is dragging.

Thanks to all in advance for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
You might try Adsit (, I think). They sell older MB replacement parts and some used/reconditioned parts. They are for sure cheaper than the dealer.

It will help if you fill out your profile and let us know where you are. Someone may know a wrecking yard nearby you where you could salvage parts.

There is no W108 forum on this site (I think your 250 is a W108), but you can google "W108" and you'll find an owner's forum or two dedicated to the model. Someone here can help you with the jacking points, probably; I had a W108 (280 SEL 4.5 '72) but it was over 25 years ago, and I never had it up on stands.

Good luck with your project, and welcome to Benzworld.

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."--John Steinbeck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 1967 250S
howdy, I own a 67 250s you can jack up car from jack plugs on rocker panel or under shocks ,and I may have that beehive light cover you need shoot me a email so we can talk about it ,good luck with car they are real fun to drive .also check out Bizrite.comthey have all kinds of parts cheap thats were I shop

"It's made in Germany and you know them German's make good stuff! "
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: