I want to convert my Dual Carb 1969 230/S to Fuel Injection where to start? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post I want to convert my Dual Carb 1969 230/S to Fuel Injection where to start?

To start off I have a 1969 230/S with 64,000 Miles the car is pretty much brand new looking inside and out. My mom bought it about 4 years ago it was drivable but it always stalled, backfired..bla...bla..bla. We have had a few people try to sync the carbs but it never works at this point im sure this 40 year old car could sure use a carb rebuild but thats gonna cost some serious cash not to mention I have not been able to find any information about the carbs it has they are Zenith but everything ive found in books and the net never matches up so i say screw it.

Where do I start with a retrofit Fuel Injection we have about a $800 budget and im doing all the work, I am also proficient in Micro controller programming I was thinking to get something in the line of a Mega squirt I want an EFI that I can plug my laptop into while we drive and tune it if possible or at least view what its doing. any good EFIs that anyone has had good success with? The easier to setup the better.

I know im going to need a crank position sensor and an Oxygen Sensor. What do i do about the split intake? can I just put 2 cold air intakes on them?

any ideas would be awesome!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Megasquirt would work well. You can set it up with it triggered off the coil negaitive terminal and use throttle body injection, a carb body with injectors. Later you can add a trigger wheel and FORD EDIS coil pack to drive the spark plugs.

Over on another forum, peachparts, Mike D converted a 4 cyl to TBI and megasquirt. The title in the vintage forum is M115 T.B.I conversion

http:// PeachParts - Mercedes Parts & Tech Info shopforum/ showthread.php?t=238292& highlight=megasquirt

good reading.

You can hook up your laptop to the MS processor.

Near Manassas Va. '65 220S, 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, '99 Volvo V70, '72 350SL 4 speed

Not part of the in-crowd since 1952. It's BRAKES not breaks. You break a bone, use brakes to stop your car. /rant

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: