Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Bluetooth for classic Mercedes

I seem to be enjoying my recently acquired 71 250 C so much that I really need to get a hands-free solution for the car. I'm not interested in earpiece solutions or anything that hangs from a sun visor.

Im my 2002 Ford Ranger I installed a Nokia Bluetooth kit (the most basic one) and created a relay setup that a) disconnects power to the radio and b) switches the left front speaker to receive input from the BT module instead of the radio whenever the bluetooth module thinks that a call is in progress. It has worked fine for the past 7 years.

So now I want to do the same thing in my 71 250 C (and probably in my 67 250 SL but that's secondary). Lots more choices today but I still think I want to keep it simple. The old Nokia kit is basically one button with a twist for volume, and a microphone on a wire. You mount those two pieces whereever you want. If I get a more modern one, I can scroll through my phone directory and see the incoming caller ID, but I don't really want to junk up the look of my completely stock car. I was considering seeing if I could somehow get the LCD display of a PARROT for instance to live inside the P-R-N-4-3-2 space in the instrument cluster that is unused on my car but I really don't think I'm going to go down that path.

Any opinions? Anyone do some sort of bluetooth in their classic benz?

My first choice would be the Becker Retro radio / sat nav for $1000 or whatever, but as best as I can tell there are no maps available for the US market...

ps - non-becker solution is not an option for me
psps - on a related note, looking for a discreet yet functional place to mount a Tom-Tom
pspsps - Also looking for a good place to mount a Mercedes switch for some optional thing to control the garage door opener.

Currently: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb, 1965 300SE Lang, 1971 280SE parts car, 1972 Alfa GTV, 1965 Alfa Duetto, 1993 BMW R100R
Past: 1971 250 C, 1985 300 TD, 1967 250 S, 1968 280 S,1981 300 D, 1982 280CE, 3 Facel Vegas, Borgward Isabella Coupe, Alfa 2600 Sprint, Volvo P1900 (yes), numerous less interesting Volvos, ...
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: