post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1982 380sec
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
722.1 trans diagrams willing to pay for copies

Help, I'm looking for the valve body diagrams that show ball and spring positions in the 722.-722.2 valve bodies. I have three transmissions and they are all different. I can't find anyone who is still selling the ATSG manuals, always hitting dead ends> I pulled my valve body apart and would like to do upgrades on the springs and and make sure its all cleaned before I install it in my 80 300sd. Will even pay or trade for diagrams. Thanx from Alaska. This is a warning to 116 300sd owners. I have the 80 300sd, drove it home washed it and it would not move afterward. i was puzzled and when I finally was tired of fiddling with the trans I pulled it out of the car and found that the weak point on these is the torque converter ears that drive the pump, they will shear off and in some cases keep turning the pump. I went to a old timer foreign shop and the owner said this is common for them due to the high torque from the turbo engine, I want to find a transferable trans but will just keep what I have now. Hope this helps. I know it's not good news but it will keep you from pulling your hair out. sieber-chris@ak.net
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: