F.I. help 1965 220SE - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UGH, send the fuel injection nozzles to Pacific Fuel Injection at 153 Utah San Francisco; it runs about $40 a nozzle and here is why: after 20 years you will have gunk in the nozzles, but what is worse is you have gunk mechanics working on them and they mixed up the nozzles. Each nozzle is matched to the cylinder based on pressure and 90% of the mechanics out there don't know you have to match the nozzle to the cylinder on these old cars. I battled with mine for two years and sent the nozzles out and they came back synchro'd to the cylinder... I went from 10mpg to 15mpg overnight.

As for cleanliness, I agree with what everyone is saying. You can never be too clean with these systems, before attempting any start talk to someone with experience on these systems....

good luck
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Jun 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't run dirty fuel thru your system. Your tank needs to be dropped and cleaned. My 67 250se sat for 7 years. Then the po tried to run it, ruining the whole fuel system. my fuel pump, I.P., and injectors needed attention. my fuel lines were ok. If you need to start it, drain the old fuel from the system, change fuel filters and use an auxillary tank. If it has been sitting 20 years you may want to put some wd-40 or similar in the spark plug holes, to help free stuck rings.

To replace my fuel system cost thousands, So please don't run old gas thru and drain/blow as much out as possible
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: