Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 1978 280ce euro found dead on Ebay
Location: Northern Virginia
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not too familar with L-jectronic so I can only offer common advice.
1) make sure tank a has gas not by looking at gauge either.
2) Verify ignition timing, remove valve covers set engine TDC look at distributor wher rotor is pointing make sure that's square away.
3) autozone, advance, part american sell for $10.00 spark testers they have adjustable gaps you set for coil out put and see if your spark will cross gap.
4) check for vacumn leaks like hoses that have come off.
5) Check wiring connections bad ground wire, corroded connections shorts etc
When above checks out then start on fuel system:
Check fuel pump pressure and flow
check fuel filter
see if you can pull out one of the injectors and see if it's spraying when you try to start car.
If aboves o.k. the it must be either the
air flow meter
coolant temp sensor
or ECU because that's the complete system.
As I understand if yours has an automatic and was sold in the states it's the same as a 450 SL so maybe you can get some junkyard parts for less.
I would convert to megasquirt before I spent $900 on ECU.
BTW congrats very desired car.