Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Trade my 6.9 Roadster Your Boat...

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  coastline 
#1 ·
Well after a whole year of reflection,I have decided I much rather my life in Washington than in California-Fortunately I was born in the caribbean so I can just say I am moving up from there, many in my neighborhood just don't care for anyone/anything California related...Now my small car collection has to be parted down as I have not left any of my cars outdoors for years...Having only a 2 car garage and 4 cars that are used to sleeping indoors,I have to let my 6.9 Roadster go...It is a one off so i have no idea of the value,,but it looks 10 times more valuable than it is and even gets out front valet treatment in Bevery Hills...that being said I want a small boat 15-18ft with an outboard motor( stand up kind)I am a novice in terms of Boat terminology..something with a trailer and holds water-can sit 4, and reliable enough to make a trip from Bremerton to Bainbridge to Seattle and back once a week or so...

1978 450sel 6.9 (euro spec 1976 probably)
168,000 miles
front end damage in 2003 repaired-only know accident
Suspension rebuilt 2006/7
Rear suspension has AMG coil springs and heavy duty shocks
Front recalibrated to rise faster when flying
AMG front spoiler
AMG rear spoiler
W126 side skirts
Patriot blue paint
Very good to excellent chrome/trim
Black wrinkle painted grill
AMG exhaust tips with 4 glasspacks-beautiful sound EPA/DOT legal EURO car with zero emissions hardware.
California BAR sticker
18x8 AMG chrome Monoblocks with 235/40zr18 new tires front
19x9.5 AMG chrome Monoblocks with 265/30/19 new rear tires
Flagholder on Driver fender with United Nations flag-detachable
Power rear seats-factory
Reinforced frame with Roll bar...
Porsche style lift out Targa top from roof to rollbar
Zimmerman front drilled Rotors
560 SEc air box
Battery relocated to trunk over right wheel
2.65 LSD installed
3.07 Diff with car
3.27 LSD additional cost
Nardi 390mm steering wheel/polished spokes
Mercedes Benz floor mats
Runs consistent 0-60MPh in 6.3 seconds
Recent dyno testing showed 225hp and 315torque on wheels,with 97 degrees ambient at GTR performance
Mercedes 600 Landulet style with window frames
too many details---
blue interior-could use a redo at some point but very presentable

***shipping to Seattle in coming month,,,so only open to local boats on Puget Sound area--Seattle/Bainbridge/Bremerton...serious only--not selling trading for boat only...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I was going to post "a sedan isn't a roadster" because I couldn't imagine a 6.9 Roadster - well, now I've seen it all. It looks like you did a good job, but I think the biggest problem you'll have is convincing a buyer that the integrity wasn't harmed when you sliced off the roof.

Since there's no precedent, I'd have to guess a value - $5000 to $7000. It's worth less than a 6.9 because of the modifications, and it's worth less because you'll have an extremely small pool of buyers interested in a car like that.

Good luck to you.

#4 ·
[Since there's no precedent, I'd have to guess a value - $5000 to $7000. It's worth less than a 6.9 because of the modifications, and it's worth less because you'll have an extremely small pool of buyers interested in a car like that.

Good luck to you.[/QUOTE]
Seattle has more boats per capita than any other city in the United States with similiar population...my thinking tells me 60%+ of boat owners (not Yacht owners) also enjoy convertibles..so it should be any easy thing to find someone that has yet to put their boat in the water this year but could make it to the garage easier...I was correct I have 10 boats to look over shortly..thanks to craigslist Seattle..Selling is another story,if I sold it what could I get that would be more fun or that I want.. A BOAT..easier just to trade for a boat and save my self time that I could use to be out on the water enjoying a sunday cruise....I could care less about the value,,,restoration/custom cars rarely sell for anything near the actual cost...I have 20K+ in reciepts on this car,but getting 20K would take the entire universe to line up properly then stop and I walk around an take a dollar from 20,000 people without their knowledge then give the car to the last guy for a buck...don't care about the value just want a boat...if I can't trade it for a boat I'll just go buy one and keep the car.

#10 · (Edited)
250 Cabriolet,sorry about the bad picture but it is a scan...this was the first one I did back in 2000...very very clean and TUV approved...I don't do roof chops in other words,what I do looks factory..The Mercedes Benz Dealership in Torrance, CA did not know this was a conversion until I pointed it out,I was selling this car at the time and the buyer took it to to the Dealer for a complete safety inspection...of course the VIN showed it to be a coupe but there were convinced it left the factory the way it was

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.