Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What feeds a W108 speed indicator cable?

805 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  xvdm 
#1 ·
Hi. Living in Asia, I purchased a 1967 MB W108 250S fitted with the W123 300D engine (as it is often the case here). I must admit that the mix may seem iconoclastic to purists but is actually pretty convenient and I really enjoy driving the car (less than 8L diesel/100 km, calculated with GPS - not bad for a 40 yo ship like this). Anyway, no choice given here! The fact is that I'm now in the phase of trying to fix the (many!) points missing or failing. One of them is that the single info provided by the instruments is the tank level :surrender: (forget thus about speed, temp, pressure... that they consider useless ;)). So, I want to start with getting my speed indicator back (the rest i can temporarily manage with extra gauges). I see it's supposed to be feeded by a cable (that has obviously been removed, probably when removing the original engine). My question is: what is the originally feeding element for this cable? A point on the gearbox? on the wheels? And my subquestion is: does a similar source exist on the 300D W123 power group and can i use it to connect this cable? (third, last and least question: where is the oil pressure measured on the engine?)
Any help is welcome :)
Thanks!
Xavier

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.