Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Maybe one of you experts can help with this color!?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mercmad6.3 
#1 ·
I'm going to check this '70 280 SEL out this week. I might be trading him my w124 wagon for her. I was wondering if any of you know this color off the tops of your head? He said its original color. Is there anything I should look for on this before I trade? I also found this thread from a few years ago and until I look under the hood, I don't know the vin yet. Thanks for any help. Hope to join this forum soon.

Louis

here's that thread for color reference
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/vintage-mercedes-benz/1177592-1970-280-sel-original-colors.html?highlight=color+chart

See less See more
#2 ·
BlahPunk said:
I'm going to check this '70 280 SEL out this week. I might be trading him my w124 wagon for her. I was wondering if any of you know this color off the tops of your head? He said its original color. Is there anything I should look for on this before I trade? I also found this thread from a few years ago and until I look under the hood, I don't know the vin yet. Thanks for any help. Hope to join this forum soon.

I don't see it on the color chart but on the same vintage SL's it was called China Blue.

Louis

here's that thread for color reference
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/vintage-mercedes-benz/1177592-1970-280-sel-original-colors.html?highlight=color+chart
I don't see it on the color chart but on the same vintage SL's it was called China Blue

#3 ·
Thanks Lou. Great name by the way. I was trying to go she her today. By I haven't heard back from the owner yet. So, I might go see my second choice which is this '67 250S. I'm new to these w108 and what other differences are there? I know 2.5L to a 2.8L. Power windows to manual ones. But is there anything else I should look for? I'm over my wagon and would love to put my time into ones of these bad boyz. I have a set of 16" BBS RS' on the way to me from a trade for a set of 5x120 that I have. These would look great on either car. I hope to have possesion of either vehicle by the end of the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.