Date registered: Nov 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
W108 Fuel Delivery Problems - No Power to Fuel Pump
I need help re: the recent installation of my new Fuel Pump and Relay for a 1972 280 SE 4.5L V8
1) I disconnected battery prior to installation.
2) Installed new Fuel Pump and Fuel Pump Relay.
3) Car will not start.
4) Ran two long wires from Battery to Fuel Pump - Pump engauges and runs.
5) Checked No.4 Fuse on Fuse Box (Fuel Pump) checks out ok!
6) Put back old Fuel Pump Relay (Just in case new Relay was defective) Same results - No power to Fuel Pump wires.
Note: Old Fuel Pump did pressurize when Ignition Key turned on. However, the pressure varied and engine would cut off.
Does anyony know if there is another fuse and/or relay I have have somehow screwed up??
I need to get car running..