||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
about putting a US V6 with auto trans , more room , and a suction electric fan on the radiator so no engine fan / shroud .
Originally Posted by CLK Operator View Post
2. There are almost no aftermarket off-the-shelf options for performance mods or increasing the horsepower
3. If one breaks, you're shooting dice on finding a mechanic who can fix the thing
4. If an American engine eats itself, everyone and their brother knows how to fix it.
4a And everyone else has parts for it on the shelf, in the back, in storage, etc etc etc
5. There are TONS of places that do performance upgrades of every sort for American engines, from headers, to bigger valves, to ... etc etc etc.
6. And this is the most important point I can make, FROM EXPERIENCE, is that a Mercedes crank costs 3x what one from a Chevy or Ford costs.
An abomination? Mercedes are nice, but not THAT nice. Unless one is an elitist I would suppose.
When it comes to American car styling, there is almost nothing I like/admire/get giddy over. American engines however, make me drool on myself with glee.
When it comes to Mercedes car styling, there are very models I don't admire/like/get giddy over. Mercedes engines however, make me shake my head in disappointment. I don't care how advanced they were for their day, how bullet proof they seem to be, how wonderfully balanced, etc etc etc, I have no love for how underpowered they are. And THAT, boys and girls, is why I'd do a transplant 7 days of the week and twice on Sundays.
As for oil pan clearance issues, someone hit it head on when saying the pans can be modified. Heck, you can find any hundreds of mods available as bolt-on from Hot Rod magazine. The kits even come with longer pickup tubes and any number of other mods to suit.
I'm a fan of putting an LS6 into my 300SEL. I'm SURE someone will have a heart attack over that one
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|W110||BILLSONG||Vintage Mercedes-Benz||14||08-28-2008 04:19 PM|
|Private Sale - Original SEC, W126, W123, W110 parts for Sale - Excellent Condition||GotTheBenz||For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway||16||12-23-2007 04:24 AM|
|W111 mechanical fuel injection cold start 1963 W111 220 SEB||MercedesOtto||Vintage Mercedes-Benz||1||07-29-2007 04:29 PM|
|w111 tune up.||nwg||Vintage Mercedes-Benz||0||05-13-2005 07:35 PM|
|W111 Website||Guest (MBNZ)||General Mercedes-Benz||0||04-17-2001 05:30 AM|