LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by desperadoresearch
...the guy says the turbo is hard to access and can't get a foto as it's tucked away underneath?
That’s ridiculous – the turbo pipe can be clearly seen coming from the air cleaner to the turbo on the passenger side of the engine – see the pic below, it’s inside the yellow circle. It’s visible as soon as you open the hood. On CA cars you can actually see the turbo because of the placement of the air cleaner.

This seller is fos and is misrepresenting the car. Forget about the car and move on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	617 turbo.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	96913  
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 92 300E, 91 300E
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanx, if it looks like any other turbo I've seen, it is just to the right of the air snorkel, not much different than Saab, Volvo... I thought it was strange that he couldn't see it. I've asked him again for the VIN nos.'s shouldn't be too hard seeing he's got a photo of them. But I've already got the feeling as you suggested that this one is FOS, and pass.

He also said he wasn't sure the turbo was working and needed to be "cleaned".
WTF... I told him, if the turbo isn't working you'll know as the car will accelerate like a boat.... Beginning to wonder if it's even his car.

Thanx for all the help, if I get the VIN, I'll repost, if not I'll pass and keep looking.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: