Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Clutch Slave Cylinder Problem

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sizzle-Chest 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm replacing the clutch slave cylinder in my 75 240D, but I think they used the same part in many models. Anyway, I can't figure out how to replace the fluid. Does anyone know where/how to put the fluid in and where/how to bleed it? Thanks a lot for any help.:confused: :confused:

its the first item on this page, you can click it to enlarge
http://replacement.autopartswarehou...=240-D-001&part=Clutch Slave Cylinder&dp=true

Additional Bonus Question: When replacing the oil filter, does anyone know which way the fine mesh filter should face? I'm talking about the disk that sits on the top of the oil filter- words up or down? Thanks!!!

#2 ·
Some models have a small round reservoir under the hood next to the brake reservoir, while others tap into the brake reservoir and use the same fluid. Don't know which way yours is.

As far as bleeding, you need to fill the reservoir and loosen the bleed screw on the slave cylinder with the clutch pedal up. Fluid should flow down and push the air out. When only fluid comes out, tighten the screw and it is bled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.