BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: '72 220 Gas, '91 318is
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KidneyBoy
(Thread Starter)
New to the place

Hi! Im Joe from central Ohio and i have inherited a '72 220 Gas that my grandpa no longer wants. It has been sitting for atleast 10 years and is in need of some serious help. My father rebuilt the motor not long before it was parked, and is supposed to of only had 10k on the motor, and around 60 on the car. It does not look that way, years of sitting outside have not done the thing well. Interior looks spotless, paint is faded and theres some rust.

As of now, im looking around for parts and tips to see if its worth taking on. Im can do just about anything mechanical, my daily driver is an 88/91 BMW 318is that i put together in my own garage. It was a 91 318is and some kid hit me and totaled it, so i found a chassis and over a couple of months swapped everything from that chassis into an 88 325is [bare as bones when i got it] Only thing not swapped over was the gas tank!

Anywho, id like to bring it back to my place at some point to begin the work, even considering a swap of some sort, which would make most of you guys red in the face. Its a big task that looks to cost quite a lot of cash, but if theres one thing i know how to do its how to make a nice car enjoyable to repair

Ill get some pictures when i get a chance, may take a while but until then ill just poke around. Thanks!

Heres my 318, may be someones style... its certinly mine.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:26 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a real credit to you. Real style and elegance. Lovely if you could do the same for the Merc. Keep us all posted. Get us some "before" photos.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: