Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

280 E 1979

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  flyboyike 
#1 ·
I am the proud owner of a 1979 280E. I can't seem to get the VIN number to work as most websites require a 17 digit VIN for vehicles in the U.S.. I wanted to find out some of the history of this model. Can some of you more knowledgable owners shed some light on my plight.

#2 ·
Vin # research

Jwray,
I don't think the Vin research is applicable to the vintage Vin numbers. I also tried to research the background of my 63 220SEb cabriolet without success. I was able to locate info on my later model cars with standard Vin digits. Gregg

#4 ·
jwray - 3/31/2006 12:37 AM

I am the proud owner of a 1979 280E. I can't seem to get the VIN number to work as most websites require a 17 digit VIN for vehicles in the U.S.. I wanted to find out some of the history of this model. Can some of you more knowledgable owners shed some light on my plight.
As someone who also owns a 1979 280E, I'd be happy to help. Tell me what your VIN is and I'll get you the data card. It's 123 033 12 and then what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.