Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

79 280ce how much?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gregs300CD 
#1 ·
I have a 1979 280 ce the outside is clean w/ no dents & no rust, the interior is also in really good shape (leather w/only one tear in driver seat)it has a cd sterio not original though. she's running, & I've put quite a bit of time & money into her- such as all new brakes- tune up, new catallitic converter etc., I know that the drivers front brake needs a new calliper & she does have some accelleration issues if you try to drive off without warming her up for a good 5 min., also going up hill she does'nt have a whole lot of power though it's gotten better since I last picked her up from my mechanic. I know that this car is somewhat rare especially since it is euro spec.(square instead of round headlights etc.)she's a great little car & was my first benz, but I now have a '71 280se- & don't drive this one anymore- any advice, comments, especially on her value would be greatly appreciated. She's been a CA car all her life, 279,000 miles & like I said drives fine as is, the front right calliper should be fixed right away but all the other things could be fixed over time. thanks for any & all comments guys
-uni[:x]

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I like it, nice color. Actually it appears that this is a U.S. spec car with the euro headlamps (has U.S. bumpers). Paint looks good (original or repaint?). I'd agree that these will bring around $1500-$2500 right now. As far as valuation, unfortunately the gas versions of the 123 coupes fall short compared to the diesel and turbo diesel coupes (300cd and cd-t). I know a few people, even on this board who are looking for a 280ce to make an AMG car with. Interior looks clean as well. Go to the pick-n-pull and grab a good caliper off another w123 for $20 and have it installed. This is well worth it if you want top dollar when you sell. Also detail the rims and give the car a good detail. Good luck[:)]

#5 ·
Cool pics

make them in black and white and they'd almost looks like an add. Just add a star and "engineered like no other car"

T

#6 ·
Or, if you're staying with the chrome vents, then get the chrome bundts and wheel arches too. (I know, rust under the arches... but you can use sealant instead of screws.)

I see it either one way or the other. Right now it just feels half way in between. Still looking good, though.

BTW, nobody bartends. They tend bar. It's a noble profession. Don't sell it short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.