BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Jan 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: restore it or scrap it?
I was given a car as a Christmas present once too,a '34 Coupe!!.i can see what the motive was ingiving you that car,at the end of the project you will have: 1.learnt a lot about mercedes
2. Learnt how a car works
3. learnt how to use money correctly and the vagaries of budgeting
4. learnt how to perform various jobs such as welding
5. learnt how to negotiate with traders,sellers ,craftspeople in order to get jobs done and keep within a budget.
6. Joined the commmunity at large as you go out looking for parts and so on .
7. Discovered "yourself" as you learn to discipline yourself to keep working on a neverending project that will require you to forgo nights at the dico,internet etc .
8. Discover the sense of acheivment that comes with driving something that you fixed yourself and no one else in street has.
9. Show it to the person who gave it to you and show them that you are made of better stuff....
10. Learned how to fit a 300SD turbo into a 115..[:D][:D][:D][:D]