LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
need help sos

ok got a 72 250c,running like crap.ok i cheaked to make sure the timing makes lined up with the cam sprocket,balancer and distributor.every thing check out good,no slack in the chain.ok set points check dwell ok.checked around carbs and manifold with soappy water ,no signs of leaks.cant get the car to run when i take the vacume lead off the distributor it just stalls at 8 degrees btdc.if i add vance to about 35 btdc it runs smooth but stalls when i put it in drive at about vacume gauge shows only about 10hgm on both port and manufold vacume.when i put my hand over the secondary venture on the second carb the vacume increases.I have changed wires pionts and spark if i dont plug the hose going to the air cleaner when running at 9 degrees btdc it stalls.pleassse some one help me .this has comsumed three days. and im just about ready to give up.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 03:20 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Jan 2005
RE: need help sos

Start by checking the cam timing AGAIN .I would start by removing the #1 spark plug,and put a peice of wire in the hole and make absolutely sure you are getting the number 1 piston at top dead center.i have seen engines where the damper was forced on the wrong place.If the cam is advanced or retarded it will diplay those symptoms you mention.But is the brake pipe in ggod conditon through out it's length and the booster in good conditon?,the max idle in drive should be 800 RPM,any more and the trans will be working and locking the roller clutch in an effort to drive .
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2005
(Thread Starter)

ok ill check these,plus what do you mean damper,also i used a brake pipe out of a 69 shouldnt make a differance should it .thanks for the help i really am greatful.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

u dont happen to be the dark 250 C that sits on the driveway, and never seems to go anywhere, in Midwest City, Oklahoma, are you?

if u are, i look at ur car all the time, driving past.......

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: