Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Online Resources

185K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  Fonzi 
#1 ·
Online Factory Repair Manuals for 114, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126, and 201 chassis

http://mb.braingears.com

Feel free to post other valuable sources of tech info here.

Edit: Sorry folks -- braingears is no more. :(

#57 ·
73 280se park pawl

my park pawl on my 73 280 se 4.5 is slipping. any tech info on how it works? or if it could be a broken spring? I can pull it apart, just looking for info on what exactly everything should look like. checked out the general overview but that wasn't too helpful other than assessing the location of the pawl. going to try the lever adjustment first. you had some great files, figured id start by asking you. thanks richie

#61 ·
Gas Tank to Fuel line Reducer/Connector part number?

I am trying to find the correct gas line connector/reducer for the fuel line to tank connection. is there a correct Part number for part 14 in this diagram? A single piece of tube with multiple clams does not work correctly. Hard fuel line slides into gas tank. What is the best manual to download for part numbers?
Thanks!

Attachments

#66 ·
D-Jet ECU, MPS and other handy info

A D-Jet ECU writeup is attached.

For a really good writeup on the manifold pressure sensor, see
The Manifold Pressure Sensor as well.

This one has a good description of the temp sensor:
Temperature Sensor II

Here's a good flowchart for troubleshooting the fuel pump circuit:
Fuel pump debug - power supply to relay board

Here's a link for D-jet parts. Note that it's geared toward a Porsche 914, but Bosch sold the system to Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen and others.
914 D-Jetronic Parts and Troubleshooting

Attachments

#74 ·
I highly recommend this supplier for both OE and OEM W111 parts:

https://www.mbclassics.de

Their prices are very competitive as is their shipping. I've purchased from them and been very please with what I got. They ship quickly - my last order I placed on a Tuesday and I had it in hand the same week Friday.

Note that by default their prices include 19% VAT. If you create an account on their site and you're outside the EU the VAT is removed from the prices so you don't have to do the math.

Dan

#80 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.