LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 07:32 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1980 450SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: My possible first car.

Taurus SHO 160mph, 190mph hahahahahaha!!! In your dreams. You got some imagination kid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2004
Send a message via AIM to Toastersmashedface

Wow, all of you have issues, i love all cars, nothing is better than internet bench racing though. Anyway, i figured i would give you an unbiased opinion from a guy that happens to own most of the preceding, allthough this poor 280 that was recently dumped on me does seem to have a 6 cylinder. It is gonna be cool when i get it done, i would either like to find a 350 or a 6.3 liter one to put in it. Sorry, again, i was just perusing through the forums and saw this fussing. So let me make some observations, Mike, you seem to know your shit, but i have been wanting a gtv for a while, checking ebay now... Tikket and tory, whatever you are, your the biggest idiots and have a german superiority complex. I would honestly argue that japan makes the superior cars. Have you ever heard of the wangan? Skylines and supras and cefiros and silvias and evos and nsx's 3000gt's are some excellent cars, the got a bad rap though, need i say more? I own a 240sx with a sr20 conversion one of the aforementioned SHO's a 280 with the 2.8 and a BMW 328. The SHO is the second fastest, after that crazy drift/ autocross/ rally/ drag car that is a silfourty. Thats my race car, its beyond badass. Then there is my SHO, made in 1990, it rests on eibach lowering springs and a bigger anti roll bar for suspension and have 10 spoke icw rims. It handles a little better than my 328, in all fairness the 328 is stock. Bone stock i claimed a 15.1. V-8 ones do about 15.7. And mister first car you so nicely deducted a second but 6.1 is correct for the sprint to 60. Oh and yes 160 is possible. It would take a couple of miles in that tall geared auto. 190 is gay not happening. There is one i can think of that can do that, but its a race car. I would say that with intake maf sensor and ams and some nice full custom exhaust work that 160 would be possible. Ive had mine a good way past 140 but im making no claims. Oh yes how nice of you to test the top model german cars, honestly, my sho would severely whoop every one of those, i know about half of those from experience. Saabs? My money is on the 9k, 91 and 92 turbos. The lightest year of the 2.3 liter turbo. Those go decently. 900's have the handling department covered in saabs though. Oh tory? i have a 328, its gonna be my corner carver, but your numbers? There clearly retarded. 5.5 0-60? Gimme a break, are you saying that it accelerates as fast as the WRX? Nope, My 240 is the only one that can claim that. Morons like you make me wanna scrap my german cars, tory. Oh yes and my mercedes, im not sure what i wanna do with it yet, maybe a chick cruiser, or a blown 350 would be nice, if any of you know where i can get a 6.3 or know anything about a 350 drop in lemme know. My 280 does handle like a bloated pig though, it needs new stuff under there. Anyway, im out, im looking up that all german cars are measured at the wheels, My 280 doesnt feel like 215@ the wheels. Umm my beamer, i dont think that its power was measured at the wheels either. (119 whp) Maybe its just really ragged out. wait lemme make you a chart.

240- 327 whp
SHO- 235 whp (about 1500 under the hood)
328- 119 whp hey its stock
280- havent bothered with it

All courtesy of a dynojet.

Oh yeah tory, did i mention your an idiot, you sure have proved your stupidity to everyone on this site. Incase you havent noticed i dont like you very much mwuhahaha. First impressions last a life time, i wonder how many people hate me now.

PS I respect mercedes very much, in the short time i have had that 280 it has proven to be a very well made car, and i am proud to own it along with every other car parked in my yard. Some of there performance cars i dont really wanna mess with either. There just so damn expensive...
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2004
Send a message via AIM to 1stcarfinder
(Thread Starter)

Truthfully, I actually never did 190....that was bull crap..[:D] But the SHO did in fact do 160-165...The Tach wasnt accurate to pinpoint thr exact RPM.'.I would guess it was accurate within 50 RPM...I miss it.... [:(] Now my brother drives a 2.3 litre Saab....its nice....but it is easily overshadowed by the SHO.So, I admit i lied about the 190 MPH...i did that to shut up the moron, the same moron that said that all of the 70's Mercedes are measures @ the wheels, not having emissions restrictions wouldnt change where they Dyno'ed the car...Thanks w/e your name is...i thought i was the only one that seems to know that what i said was indeed true. The SHO did indeed have Intake and exhaust..as well as MAF sensor chip...

BTW, is your e-mail back yet mike??E-Mail me when you can.. Thanks
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2004

hi....
the only e-mail adress that is working is my mtiso@yahoo.com
my outlook express is not working properly and I don't have time right now to mess with it..... (building a deck, fixing my Benz)...

@Toaster...
you have made meany points and claims.. and whenever there are base line discussions (politics, religion, what country makes the "better" / "best" car) there will be a lot of heat.
One can make a Yugo go fast....it is still a Yugo that goes fast. One can make a Yugo pull 1G on the skidpad... it is still a Yugo.
Just because one car does outperform another car in a certain aspect does not make is a better car / as good as a car.. etc etc....
With a proper perfromance modification I can make pretty much everything make whatever....
BUT.. it depends on the OVERALL car and how an INDIVIDUAL weights a certain criteria on a vehicle to judge "how good" a car really is. Therfor a "good" or "bad" car is a very relaitve measure....
For myself I have concluded that in average German/Italian cars are made to handle and performance in that respect. US cars are cruisers and straigth shooters, Asian cars are very cost effective..... (in average).. thus all cars do have their place on the cake :D :D
Nowadays borders seem to get quite fuzzy since engineering now is "globalized" and there really is no "US" or "German" car anymore... (talk about cultural mix :D )

Cheers, Mike
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:15 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Oh yeah mike agreed, euro cars are some of the best, availible with the best options, like the evo 8 with the super ayc, thats not in america, the euro type r accord, not to mention the coutless number of fine automobiles made by mercedes bmw porsche fiat renault seat venturi wow there are millions. It comes down to this, europeans wont drive cars with bad performance. We are all concerned with being luxury loving fatasses over here. Its nice sometimes, but i like sticking to the corners better than having motion sickness. Maybe ill change my mind when i get 75 and have hemoroids. And as far as the yugo, your right, with any amount of money or modifications you can make your car equal to another, i got wasted by an 86 maxima turbo in my SHO. It was flat black and gay. Its basically comes down to what you like, and what you wanna be seen in, and how much you want to spend. you can get a spirit rt or a m3. if they got beside each other at the stop light, it would be even, the m3 would handle better though. Anyway you can look like shit and get the job done and make the beamer guy piss his pants, or you can have your beamer loaded up with the ladies. The guy in the beamer wouldnt have to fix it as much either. Either way, its just another car. Me? All my cars are pretty much piles of shit that the chicks dont like, I do need a chick car huh? Maybe a z3 or miata. That aside how could i go about finding a 6.3 for my 280. I would like to throw some killer torque in there what ever i do. If there is a 350 drop in let me know. Oh yes, tory. Your still a moron, 6.6 to 60 in a 328? I figured german cars were measured at the flywheel LIKE EVERY OTHER CAR IN THE WORLD! What a jack. Mike, thanks for your help!
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 07:29 AM
BenzWorld Member

Hi,
well if you want a chick car... get a new Beetle conv [:D].. "those are soooo cute"

Anyhow, the 280 you have is indeed a 280 or rather a 4.5ltr? I think you said it is a straight 6..... if that is the case I would try first to find a euro spec 4.5ltr V8 (they started making them back in 72 I think, 235DIN hp (~260SAE at that time)), very robust engines! And nice to work on. I remember that your chassis came with a 4.5 , 5, 5.6ltr V8 stock from Benz.. thus fitting an Benz engine in there would be personally my first choice and keeps the conversion time down as well....
The 5.0 was a Euro spec as well.. and did something like 250 or so DIN Hp... anyhow the 5.0 was more potent (in torque and power) than the US version 5.6ltr. The Benz 6.9ltr in my opinion is not the best engine MB desinged and I would not put it in...
There should be plenty of places to offer Euro spec 4.5 or 5.0 V8's .. try ebay, autotrader, hemmings and this one http://www.msdra.com/mercedesparts.htm
for used parts.

Putting a domestic engine in a Benz... well... it is up to you. I have no expirence with them (I am from Europe).. however if I ever would consider putting a i.e. Chevy small block in a MB I would to a radical change on the car and make a serious street racing sleeper vehicle (stripped inter, direct port nitrous wet shoot, high stall auto, silent !!! muffler ;-) )
heck... maybe even a chop job (would look killer on a MB fintail !!!).......

Laters, Mike
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Lol mike yeah i though a chop would be rather cool myself. I think it could be good for the ladies. I do like the idea of the sleeper though, i dont really have one of those. And as far as the beetle? Have you ever driven a beetle turbo s? There are quite awesome little cars themselves. I drove one the other day, after driving an svt focus and was thoroughly impressed. It is crazy, the torque that little 1.8 put out. 20v thats crazy, not only that it handled amazingly, I had been looking right over VW till i drove that little thing. If you havent driven one, get up right now and march your ass to the vw dealership and drive one. It seemed to start boosting at about 1500 and was at about full blast a little before 3000 and pulled all the way to 6500 great. (the 1 inch diameter tach is really gay though). I did waste a gran prix gtp in it. Getting beat by a bug will always deflate your ego hahaha. Anyway, that was a sleeper its ashame i didnt have about 22k laying around. They even had a spot in it where i could put a flower. LOL Well im out, i check up on those motors for my car. Thanks!
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 12:38 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

.................... /´¯/)
..................../¯.. /
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........'\'...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

There ya go Tory.[:D]
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 02:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

any updates on your motor?
Hey 1stcarfinder.. got your Benz yet??
I am still waiting on my tranny gasket [:(!] but oh well.. I put 21miles on my new old car since I've gotten in 4 weeks ago... duuhhhh...
but heck .. in the meanwhile I drive my Alfa Spider :p

@Toaster
besides your abvious talent in art.... [8)] how about a reral sleeper.. like a Golf II with the 1.8T powerplant... easy and quick to make.. super light (below 1950 pounds). 250hp and a 6 spd.... combined with an complete adjustable threaded Sachs suspension and you have a rocket that will hang with pretty much everything up to about 100mph.. and talk about zooming through the twisties [:D]
Well since this is a MB forum.. maybe a regular 190 stripped down with a nice 6 cyl compressor engine... that would be sweet....

Laters, Mike
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 03:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 03 CLK320/82 300D Turbo

I'm just going to throw this out there. These old Benzes are a limited commodity (they're not making any more of 'em) and, in my humble opinion it's a shame to thrash an old Benz to death when there are so many other old cars out there that can satisfy the 'need for speed'...as well as the obvious need to drive something different. Look deeply into the engineering and styling detail of these cars, and you'll develop an appreciation of the car and not view it merely as a 'beater'. If you own it, you're obviously entitled to do with it what you want...but those of us who restore and treasure these cars treat them less as possessions and more like historic items to be passed down to future generations, more caretakers than owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Vintage Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in