Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2002 Vito 110 2.2 CDi Limp Mode etc.

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  malcolm@mill.me.uk 
#1 ·
Hi all. I know there is a lot of info regarding LM, but I'm wondering if my symptoms are specific.

I'll start with what I know.

Snapon Solus Pro OBD scanner:

P1622 Y75 Elec Switchover Valve?????? Is this the sol under the drive wing? I've replaced it to now joy. The actuator arm pulls upon stating but then releases. I've checked hoses but I maybe need a more thorough search.

P0703 Stop Lamp Switch. though brakes lights are fine.

P1403 EGR which has since cleared, though I don't have an EGR, it's very neatly blanked.

No EDC or ABS light at key turn. Assuming it's been severed at cable or source? I've no idea where to look to fix this.

I'll start by addressing these codes first and go from there.

No mileage counter showing. Speedo goes to full speed even at 30mph.

I've been at it 2 days solid and no joy.

appears to have new turbo, off a Sprinter i'm told. very clean. manifold has been cleaned too, it's spotless. So are the injectors etc. under rocker cover.

i'm assuming it used to have an EGR valve as there is a spare solenoid connected to nothing - center above engine next to air filter breather for under wing sol.

Pffffft.

See less See more
#5 ·
Brake switch is knackered. Seems to have a dual circuit inside??? Under the spring was a spring metal contact that had snapped and shorted and melted to the plastic casing of the switch. I've ordered another so won't know till later in the week if it's sorted LM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.