Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

108 engine swap

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dave2302 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Im new on here but on my second vito and was looking for some advice.

ive a 108cdi and seized the engine last week.
Ive been offered a 110cdi engine will this be a direct replacement or will i come across problems.
would i need the 110 ecu? ect....
Thanks in advance any info would be great

#2 ·
Hi,

110 CDI Engine will go straight in where 108 CDI comes out, they are identical, it is the ECU Map that gives the extra power.

If you can, get the ECU, Ignition Key and Immobiliser Module with the Engine...............You will then have a 110 ;)

You may not need the Immo Module and Key, but we know for definite the 2.3 petrol 638's do, but try just fitting the ECU first, and if you get "Start Error" then you will have to fit the Chip from the key into your key and then fit the Immo Module ;)

Please let us know whether the ECU swap works with or without key etc ;)

HTH

Cheers Dave

#4 ·
A 108 is an Identical Engine to a 110 and 112, no difference whatsoever, so it will be fine installed in your 108 Van with 108 ECU.

If you want 100 or 120 hp then you have to change the ECU, as that's what gives the increase in power, and some 108's didn't have intercoolers, so if your van is one that doesn't you will need the pipes, engine wiring loom and intercooler as well.

My advice to you is to buy a good running van, (Cheap MOT failer rust bucket), and swap over all the bit's you need now, then strip off and box the rest for spares before selling the shell to the scrappy ;)

That's exactly what I did, paid £400 for rusty but a good running 112 on an 03 reg, drove it home 120 miles :grin

I sold the shell full of scrap metal for £200 last week, plus sold driveshafts for £100 as I have 2 sets of new ones, also sold a few other bits that don't fit my Auto Ambiente ;)

I even got a nice A Bar and roof spoiler with it LOL, and now I have spare window motors, calipers, rack, switch gear, sensors, relays etc etc etc ;)

HTH

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.