Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Broadmoor's 2013 Vito

33K views 80 replies 13 participants last post by  Conrad Florer 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought i'd start a thread as i gather more bits together to build my Van..

After looking for a Vito and finding that within my budget my options were either a Sport or nothing else....i decided to buy a Bog standard Vito and add my own touches...

Was hoping to have something that looked like my photoshop version

But ....After finding that you cant get 5 x 112 steel wheels in anything bigger that 16" to have banded that soon became a no no...and the reality looked nothing like the photoshop ;-(

So changed direction and discovered the Viano Grand Edition ..

The Grand Edition has some extra touches that are different to the Standard Face lifted Viano and i've been gathering bits between Commercial Mercedes and Car dealerships as some parts are not available as a commercial part..

The front bumper on the Grand Edition has the chrome (plastic) trim

And the Bumper i've sourced has the cut outs to accommodate the trim

So whilst i source the panels and bumpers i started on the trim...

Tried not to make it too tacky and added some carbon wrapped panels as the standard dash is very ...er..standard.

And the keen eyed will notice the subtle leather gear knob change...This is from a viano also as the stealership doesnt list a leather gear knob for a Vito ? No cocktail sticks required btw ...Just a torx head screw ;-)

And thats it for now..apart from the wheels which i've managed to source and are being shipped as we speak...OEM as fitted to the Grand Edition which if you look around are also fitted to another Mercedes model just diamond cut ;-)

Just waiting for a mate who owns a bodyshop to call it in and sort the painting /colour coding and i'll post some more pics...

cheers

See less See more
#8 ·
Ref your steel wheel sizing. You can get 5x112 17" wheels off a VW Passat.

Also there are company's out there that custom make steelies for mot as much as you think. I'm just about to order some customs in the offset I want, the size and width I want with the center and pcd I want. No messing :)

#10 ·
I spoke with 2 different banding company's and they both couldn't and have never seen 17" steels in 5 x 112 ...there are loads of 5 x 120 pcd but hub adapters is not a route I wanted to take...the space saver idea also required banding the inner and the outta to get a decent tyre width..again not something I wanted to get involved in fella....never say never tho ;-)

#11 · (Edited)
Onwards and upwards...These turned up from Germany today....So that's all the front end parts sorted..

Got a rear spoiler sorted also , So i just need to work on the side skirts ..Might go the easy route for now and add some side bars and look to add something different/better at a later date...Goner have a mad week soon bolting all the bits on....Lowering the suspension and adding the wheels and jobs a good'un.

#16 ·
They know the rules ;-) ...I did the easy stuff to see how they came apart and dummy built the viano bumper and grill and it all went together ok...

Only part Merc have supplied wrong is the tow eye cover and that took 3 weeks from Germany ....so I've got to call them Monday and sort out what went wrong ;-(

#19 ·
Dealers will sort the coding, its easy enough.

The handle is the drivers side, there less then £40 new and it plugs into the door controller.
I think the code is fz8 but will have to look at that.

I will give you the code in the morning, buy it new from MB Parts and at the same time add to the data card

#24 ·
Havnt got springs yet as the lowest available is -40mm and -40mm on my van won't do **** all to its appearance ....I'm looking at getting the fella that looks after my race car to have a look and see if he could fit a coilover kit to the existing legs on the front...

Vans away still so I'll get the vin once it's back with me...

#25 ·
Ok cool, do your self a favour and buy genuine wheel bolts and locks, I have the part number somewhere, there stainless capped and she same with the lockers, genuine MB.
Any more than 40mm and the tyres will rub, you can just get your fingers on the tyres on mine and thats with Eibach on the fronts.

#28 ·
I have fitted 3 sets of spax and all have been fine, the vito guys have also fitted the same but have spring binding on the rear so are moving away from them, my last set are Eibach and are from a guy who sold them unfitted and new on ebay.
My rear is air self levelling and I make a kit to trick the electronics and lower a good 50mm.
If your quick there is a used set of ML wheel locks on ebay, I will pm the link.

#32 · (Edited)
Eventful day today...Managed to bolt my seats in and got around the "srs" issue by simply swapping the loom over on the seats..

Will keep an eye out for something a little more "sporty" as these are a little too comfy ...also fitted a set of EIbach springs which makes it sit a little more respectable.

So that's it ....was a interesting little project that's finished for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.