Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Owner and Service Manuals?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  angajatul 
#1 ·
I'm sure this question must get asked all the time, but I've searched the forum, the FAQ, Google, Amazon, Ebay and others, and come up with little, so sorry for asking yet again.

I just picked up a 1996 V230 TD and I'd like to find English language owner and service manuals. My van came with an owner's manual, but it is all in German and not much use to me. I also managed to find a service manual on amazon.com, but it is in Russian.

I also stumbled across WIS and EPC online resources, but it appears these are subscriptions, which doesn't really interest me.

There was a mention in this forum recently about buying WIS from an ebay seller named Genovese, but even that I wasn't able to track down any results that looked relevant.

Part of the problem is that this van was never marketed in North America, so the usual resources that I'm familiar with aren't helpful. I've tried digging into the European resources, but not getting too far yet.

Can anybody help out the newb looking for info on his new purchase?

db

See less See more
#3 ·
there is no such thing as a service manual for vitos... except the one by peter russek (available on ebay) but many of us found it of very limited use.

what we tend to use is mercedes own Workshop Information System or WIS together with the mercedes Electronic Parts Catalogue or EPC..... they are available on disc but use about 40Gb of hard drive.... YES 40 gigabytes.... it has the whole workshop and parts system for EVERY mercedes and smart car but is relatively easy to use.

you have to remember that it is the mechanics manual and not a diy manual, it is VERY comprehensive and detailed... although there are a few "holes"

it is about £20 delivered on a set of double layer dvds (make sure you have a DL dvd drive.

look up the thread "WIS advice for an idiot please" as I've posted the link to genovese solutions who supply a good up to date version with good instructions and online help (I've tried most and this is by far the best service)

I have just supplied the vito owners manual to <Vito scare
Jimbob_Brum > (its for all 638 models as I don't have a specific v class one) that has oil etc info plus tyre pressures and dashboard switches and warning lights.....

I've asked his opinion as to relevance and I'm sure he will post some feedback.... if you then want a copy, the details are in the above mentioned posting.

malcolm

#5 ·
If you really want the booklet and the 4 little books of how to use the car, specs etc ,like I did :), I can buy them from people who get vito's from UK to sell them in pieces.
I paid about 20$ on the complete booklet and the maintenance book had only one inspection.
If you are interested , let me know

PS - mine were in dutch when i got the van :)) so kind of the same problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.