ESP Problems - Update - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: Vito 111
ESP Problems - Update

Still cannot sort out the problem with m ESP light coming on. Sorted out the problem with brake binding and checked the wheel sensors which are ok. The thing is the light comes on after either 13kms or 18kms driving and it is within half a km everytime. Only the esp light comes on and if i restart the engine it will go off until i have traveled either of the above distances. I
I s it possible that the steering wheel sensor is connected with the ESP ? as i did change an inner tie rod prior to having this problem. The steering wheel is slightly out of line with the wheels in the straight position.
Any help would be appreciated
The van is a 09 vito 111cdi
rapidrep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: CURRENT Vito 108d 97: 108d 98: Traveliner 2003 ; Aixam; z1100; xbr500; z440 and many many bits
weird isn't the word!!!!!!

it is theoretically possible that the wheels out of line might, and I must say its a very speculative "might", cause an accumulated error in the sensor memory.

its really doubtful but you have eliminated almost everything else.

as a matter of course, if the wheel alignment is out, I'd get the tracking done.... preferably on a 4 wheel rig (most newer laser units are 4 wheel) preferably by someone who uses a spreader bar (merc settings are all with a spreader used) if not a spreader it won't matter too much.

its a good idea for stability (especially in winter) and to reduce tyre wear...... who knows.. it might actually change things.

good luck

malcolm
malcolm@mill.me.uk is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class