Do yous think the vito 110cdi is a good van - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle: vito 2.2 cdi 110 bhp 8 seater
Do yous think the vito 110cdi is a good van

I drive one but im thinking of a change
DRI94VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: Mercedes Benz Vito 112cdi Auto 2001
I've got two Vito's (at the mo) one of them is a 110CDi - no van is better - when they're running properly!
boolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: vito 2.2 cdi 110 bhp 8 seater
I love this one but its one thing after another costly to fix
DRI94VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2001 110 CDI (sold) 2006 111 CDI Comfort (current)
It's all subjective really. And is your question 'is the 110cdi the best of the MK1 Vito's' or is it a more general is it a good van?
I think it's the best of the MK1's in terms of power against fuel economy and being turbocharged. But I haven't driven or owned for a long enough period all of the MK1's so that opinion isn't fair. It does Re-Map very well though.

In terms of is it a good van? Well..... Again you'll hear so many opinions from people who haven't driven any other vans. Particularly T4 owners. We have a works Transit 2002. Has never broken down, never failed to start, is abused like buggery but still keeps going. The service cost is good and parts are everywhere and so easy to come by, however the engine bay is cramped and difficult to get around. They don't seem to 'pimp' very well at all and very few aftermarket products. The body work in my opinion is just as bad as the MK1 Vito with rust everywhere.
I have driven many LDV's... I really don't want to say anymore, I will admit my shame.
The Traffic-come-vivaro-come-expert seems really tidy and I've not heard anything bad abut them other than they will always drive like a van, not any better.
The Transporters are great vans. Let's not take anything away from them, the proof is in the pudding. The T5's have a lot of problems, and in my opinion look really ugly, and they have cornered the wanker tradesman market who'd like 20inch alloys on a van! Good luck with the hemorrhoids buddy!
The T4 is the best van closely follwed by the 639 Vito then the 638 Vito. I have driven four or five T4's, and while I don't think they hold the road very well, lack power and the engines sound like a bunch of spanners having a gang-bang, they are reliable, hole their value and don't rust. I am 100% sure if our 638 110's didn't rust they would hold the same value.

I firmly believe my 110 is a great van. It's a pleasure to drive, and I never have to force it round corners, or accelerate hard to get it flying along. It cruises so nicely at 65-75mph with room to spare. I have put a lot of time and effort into getting mine where it is, I think the total spent is close to £3000 including the price to buy it and a re-spray. I would never have got a T4 for that money in anywhere near as good condition.

At the end of the day it's a bloody van, they all drive shit compared to cars, are slow, thirsty, wouldn't win any awards for style. It's what you are going to use it for. If a works van, it really doesn't matter what you get, a transit will be great. If it's a personal van and you want a great drive, look at the 639 vito, if a camper look at T4 and 638 vito.
martinriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 2000 Vito 113 , 2002 v230
i like mine

I use mine as a trade van, its full of all sorts of stuff and has ladders etc on the roof, it does what I need it to really well, over here everything is Toyota, Mitsubishi etc, the best thing is even with roof racks on I can fit in car park buildings where the other trades can't, it drives really well, and has heaps of power, but and there is always a but, I fix it myself due to the cost and in 4 years I have replaced, a fuel pump a water pump, 2 axels, 1 radiator,1 right front shock and almost Evey hose and many other things.

I was told I was lucky I have a petrol one and not a diesal, lol who knows, I'll never by a new one I personally think they are fugly.

So yes the vans are OK or im in denial
on.electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: Mercedes 110 vito van.
Just bought a 1999 vito 110cdi today to replace my knackered transit connect. Seemed really nice. I was looking for a 2002 model but the bodywork on this 1999 model was exceptionally good and it had full service history so took a chance on it for 1700 quid. Hope it's as good as you say. Will I get more mpg with a remap??
5pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: Mercedes Vito 110 CDI
I've got one and rust is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth, well that and parts prices
Loudandproud205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 110cdi Traveliner
Love mine.

Few bit's of rust, but that's my summer project. Chassis is sound, just the bottoms of the doors and where the bumpstrip is clipped onto the centre of the door really.

Paid approximately £500 for mine as it needed quite a bit of mechanical work doing (injectors/EDC light/Handbrake/Electrics relocating/crank pulley) but all sorted now by me at home and ready to rock and roll.

My last car was a Mk1 MR2 and I miss the cornering ability, but that's about it
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

I got one or two fingers of rust jet creep in in but nothing I can't keep on top of methinks. I was looking for. T4 ideally but they are in such high demand with the surfing crowd it drives the price up. Still think the mk1 vito looks very smart though.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Okay just a Quick update, had the van for the week now and have to report that I,m absoloutley delighted it's 12 years old and in fantastic condition. The 2.2 litre engine is so much more efficient and torqey than the 1.8 zetec that was in the transit connect and the cabin is so well built. loving the big chunky heavy duty switches and electric windows and leather seats. Looking at getting a head unit and lowering springs as it seems I,ll be spending quite some time in it. Delighted!

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class