#1 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
vito 108d 2.3ltr 1997

hi all,this is my first post but ive read loads on hear regarding the same as above van.
Im having probs with fuel ie mpg's,ive been told to clean and/or change maf sensor,map sensor,and lamdba/oxygen sensor,but cant seem to find any of the above on my van??
Ive had new injectors,fuel and oil fillters,pipes but with no look.
Any help/advice is welcome with posaible pics or diagrams so i locate as there is no workshop manuals for the above vito.
I do have a merc benz cd manual thing but its pritty crap and doesnt list much on my van.
Thanks thevman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy hi all any help please?

hi ppl,please help,has anyone got any advice as to the above questions.there is a few on hear with same van who must be able to help or shed some light on how to locate the above items?????
#3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 01:49 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: V280 LPG 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevman View Post
Any help/advice is welcome with posaible pics or diagrams so i locate as there is no workshop manuals for the above vito.
I do have a merc benz cd manual thing but its pritty crap and doesnt list much on my van.
You say there is no workshop manual for the 108d - I would have thought it would be in WIS.. have you checked that? You can download it for free...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-cl...-manual-2.html
#4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
ta stoneboy,ive already got the wiz n cant find any info on what im looking for.
maybe the germans call the sensors etc different names?
Any1 shed a light on possable names so i could search through wiz?
#5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 11:39 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevman View Post
hi ppl,please help,has anyone got any advice as to the above questions.there is a few on hear with same van who must be able to help or shed some light on how to locate the above items?????
hi can anyone help i cant get reverse on my merc vito 108d 1997 an ideas
#6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
Hi ya, can you give a bit more info, it sounds like it could be cable adjustment but need a bit more info to confirm, what are the other gears like to select, was reverse getting more difficult to select ect ect

Cheers Martin
#7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Hi thevman i see you have replaced your injectors, I am in the process of replacing mine I have been quoted £92 per injector to Recon them and £450.00 for new once. Can I ask what you paid is this a good price.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: Mercedes CLK 230 K
Hi thevman,
the MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) is a sensor that detects how much air is being drawn into your engine, it is located on the inlet side off the engine between the air filter housing and the inlet manifold. there will be a wiring plug connected to it.
The MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) is measuring vacuum pressure again on the inlet side of the engine. (i'm not 100% sure where it is exactly located on your model, sorry, but generally they are connected to a small vaccum pipe which in turn is connected to the inlet manifold.
The Lambda sensor (also called an oxygen sensor, or an O2 sensor) is screwed into your exhaust pipe, is measures the fuel/air ratio and adjusts the fuel mixture accordingly (IE: if it senses that the mixture is too weak it will tell the ECU to add more fuel)
All 3 items have a direct affect on fuel consumption and wont suffer from a clean out once in a while, however if one of the sensors is simply not reading correctly then replacement is the best option, although determining which one if any is faulty is not simple. a diagnostic check with a decent tool should show the readings for each sensor (the dealer or good local garage would have to do this)
If one of the sensors has failed completely you should get a management warning light on your dash, but the sensors that are still working, just not giving the right readings are more troublesome since you dont normally get a warning light, just what you are experiencing.
good luck.

#9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I have a vito 110cdi, and had problems with my map sensor, black smoke and bad mpg.
Took me while to find out I didn't have maf sensor, but a map sensor.
My map sensor was above my air filter box, it has a small pipe running into the back of the manifold.
I unplugged the pipe and sprayed carb cleaner down the pipe into the manifold while it's was running. Then sprayed the sensor(where the pipe goes on). I got so much black crap out, van is running like new now.
Had to do it a few times into the manifold end to really clean it
#10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I never had any warning lights pop up on my dash, just lots of over fueling and clounds of black smoke

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class