error code P1630 vito 110 cdi - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
error code P1630 vito 110 cdi

after much problems with a fuel leak which i have finaly sorted fingers crossed i have stumbled across a new problem

once i got engine running i left it running for 20 mins or so and then stopped it
noticed my odometer numbers flash a few times an d then go off
now when i turn the key to start the van it says "start error" where the odometer is and engine will not turn over
had a chap round with a fault code reader tonight who plugged it into fault code reader came up with 2 errors

1 error with faulty glowplug (no big deal as it hasnt had a problem starting )
2 error code p1630 Drive authorization code

he cleared both codes and re did the test and only the glow plug error came back up the DAS error didnt come back up however the odometer still shows "start error on the odometer dash and it still wont turn over

i have tried removing both terminals from the battery and leaving for a spell but no difference

am i right in thinking that it will just be a case of re-synching the rolling das codes or possibly a reprograme the codes on van and key

please help as im really stuck now
leerob965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

well many thanks for all of your offers to help me out on this situation
i have sorted all of my problems out and i even found a sure fire fix for the errorcode listed
Old 02-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: Vito 112 CDi year:2001
Leerob, the knowledge on this site and the other Merc Vito forums is very limited in places and patchy. If you do a good search and find nothing on your problem you can bet you're the first one here who's got it, or you're describing it differently from someone else and its not coming up with the search words you're using. Or you're not bothering to search at all.

If you get no offers, I can pretty much say its because no ones got anything useful to offer! Although its all too easy to contributed just to questions you've started, then once you've helped your self bugger off until the next time.

Well done for sorting your problems out. Its frustrating when your vans off the road. But you've got to put the time and effort in if you want to fix it yourself. You can't fix your van by sitting at a PC. You've got to get your hands dirty and waste a lot of time and money building up your knowledge and experience. For example with your fuel leak I'm surprised you didn't trace your fuel lines day 1 rather than waiting what looks like 4 months in the hope someone will point you to the exact spot.

Post the knowledge you've acquired on code p1630 and you'll help someone in the future. Its swings and roundabouts on this forum.
4xpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

like i have been sat at my pc for 4 months waiting for someone to tell me where my van is leaking from yer right what do you think i am paws stupid
ive waited four months to change all my fuel pipes i dont think so pipes were changed well before i even took the pictures and if you were to read my post properly you would see i was having problms locating the leak due to diesel being thrown all over the engine bay from the belts when the van was started
i joined this forum as a last resort im just pleases i didnt have to pay to join cause a fat lot of good it has done me

as for posting my findings on my error code my advice is spend £170 to get the answer like i did
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
oh not good to hear

I help run another forum about Classic Porsches and I have to say some people offer help others don't, it;'s a great tool but only when people offer advice. I have been reading though alot of the posts and there is not a huge amount of advice given which is a shame.Fourms are only good if there is a debate. If it's one way eg your talking to your self then, it's point less.

Well I am glad you got your van sorted it's a shame you had to pay £170 , bloody anoying isn't it. Like you say it's a shame more people are not posting..

is it because the Vito is so good?

certainly not my one anyway I hope to find an answer to my question i posted.. I doubt i will keep this van after the summer, I am feeling abit gutted about this van, cost me £5000 I spent a further £1600 to make it perfect and it's been reliable but these silly faults are not the quality I expected, when for £5750 I could have had a Ford Transit ( 2 years newer )which my mate bought in the end and he has done nothing to it other than a service.!!!

My last hope is with this forum to get the probs sorted, other wise I will leave Merc owner ship for good I also have a sprinter
912uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: V280 LPG 2000
Whatever the forum there are usually three reasons why you get no help to a question you post:

1) You have been unlucky enough to experience a problem that no active member has and it's obscure enough or so vauge that their general knowledge can't help.

2) You have asked a question that has been asked a million times before and haven't bothered to search before asking it.

3) You have somehow been insulting, unplesant, or unhelpful to others enough for people to not want to help you.

leerob965: I'm sure the reason you got no response to your initial post in this thread was due to reason one. I would not be surprised if you get no response to any future questions due to reason three.
stoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912uk View Post
Fourms are only good if there is a debate. If it's one way eg your talking to your self then, it's point less.

Well I am glad you got your van sorted it's a shame you had to pay £170 , bloody anoying isn't it. Like you say it's a shame more people are not posting..

is it because the Vito is so good?
I think the problem here is that there are not that many people who post regularly on this forum. There are some really knowlegable people who do fortunately, and they have saved me many a time, but with more members there would be more chance of someone being able to help with any one specific problem. The thing is, this does seem to be by far the most active site on the net for vitos/v-classes.

As for the Vito being so good - I think it's very unlikely that any problem you experience has not occurred on a vito before, just that it's not happened to a vito owned by an active member of this forum before.

If you don't get help for one problem here, don't get disheartened. When you need help with another problem you might well find you get loads of help with it.

Also, if you are not gettting help, please post details as you investigate/resolve the problem as it could help someone else in the future. Also, something you say might trigger a thought in someone else that could help you.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: Vito 112 CDi year:2001
Oh dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerob965 View Post
if you were to read my post properly
….. I wrote TRACE your fuel lines, you waited 4 months to TRACE them.

Quote:
as for posting my findings on my error code my advice is spend £170 to get the answer like i did
£170- the guy probably found you a wee bit tetchy and doubled his fee and then regretted at the end he hadn’t doubled it again.

Quote:
what do you think i am paws stupid
Yep, you have regular problems with comprehension, diagrams and reassembling things and love posting large, meaningless pictures. You’re just not cut out for fixing things.

Quote:
i have sorted all of my problems out and i even found a sure fire fix for the errorcode listed
Quote:
Now then, pick up all your toys and come clean, you didn’t really find a super duper sure fire fix for errorcode P1630. You paid through the nose for it.
4xpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Yep, you have regular problems with comprehension, diagrams and reassembling things and love posting large, meaningless pictures. You’re just not cut out for fixing things.
it was me that fixed it not mercedes benz they wanted to test all the injectors it wasnt the injectors

Quote:
£170- the guy probably found you a wee bit tetchy and doubled his fee and then regretted at the end he hadn’t doubled it again.
it was mercedes who priced it and they have you by the short and curlies with this error code they could charge what they want and you would have to pay it be it £170 or £1070 you would have to pay it

go screw yourself paws what is the point of a forum if you cant get answers and ask questions
this seems to be a forum for showing off pimped up work vans
we cant all sit here like yourself who sit here hour after hour reading new posts most people like myself just join here to SEARCH for an answer to there problem and try and save a few quid

Quote:
Whatever the forum there are usually three reasons why you get no help to a question you post:

1) You have been unlucky enough to experience a problem that no active member has and it's obscure enough or so vauge that their general knowledge can't help.

2) You have asked a question that has been asked a million times before and haven't bothered to search before asking it.

3) You have somehow been insulting, unplesant, or unhelpful to others enough for people to not want to help you.

leerob965: I'm sure the reason you got no response to your initial post in this thread was due to reason one. I would not be surprised if you get no response to any future questions due to reason three.
To be honest after having a few problems and not getting any answers i doubt that i will post on here any more as it seems all people like paws want to do is flame you when after reading his previous posts he has had the same problems as me regarding fuel leak edc light etc so why not help others if hes gonna have that sort of attitude he may as go work for mercedes as that is the standard of the customer care

as for being insulting im just fighting my corner after all it wasnt me that started the flaming

Last edited by leerob965; 02-26-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
To be honest after having a few problems and not getting any answers i doubt that i will post on here any more as it seems all people like paws want to do is flame you when after reading his previous posts he has had the same problems as me regarding fuel leak edc light etc so why not help others if hes gonna have that sort of attitude he may as go work for mercedes as that is the standard of the customer care

as for being insulting im just fighting my corner after all it wasnt me that started the flaming
OK, I havn't read the threads so I don't know history, but, in any case.. wouldn't the best thing now be for you and 4xpaws to just ignore each other instead of getting wound up, for you to post your findings so as to help others and, should you get another problem, ask again and hopefully get some help? I'll not be responding further anyway - at least until you ask a question about a problem that I can help you with.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class