Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: V280 LPG 2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Door sensor malfunction?

Hello,

I think my V-class has a problem with one of the door sensors. The door open warning light is constantly flashing and the central locking unlocks immediately after locking. Pressing lock again within 5 seconds causes it to lock properly, going through the lock, unlock, lock process. All doors and the tailgate are locked once you have done this so it's not that something is not closing properly.

So... does anyone know if this is a problem with a door sensor? If it is, any ideas how to identify which one?

MB said "we have never seen a vlass that doesn't have the problem and the one we fixed it on cost £2000 as we replaced all the locks". I have been told by a mercedes engineer that they are a bunch of muppets at my local dealer though.

Thanks,

Jon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Having read through the forums some more I now suspect that it is a problem with the wiring in the drivers door as I also have intermittant problems with the window controls.

The van is with MB at the moment getting the EGR valve replaced. I'll check out the wiring once I have it back though.

Jon.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 01:10 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2007
Let us know how you get on as mine does exactly the same. not a problem at the end of the day as it still locks, just a pain in the arse having to press the button twice and listen to it's self locking and unlocking!
#4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 12:36 AM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdmr2
Let us know how you get on as mine does exactly the same. not a problem at the end of the day as it still locks, just a pain in the arse having to press the button twice and listen to it's self locking and unlocking!
Will do - I'm hoping to have the van back for the weekend so I'll have a go at it then if I have the time.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 01:56 AM
BenzWorld Member

Nice one, if you find the offending wire or article then post a pic or diagram of it if you can, would be a great help to me, and possibly others if it is a common problem.

I also noticed at the weekend that if i try and lock the doors from the drivers side then it only locks that door and does not activate the central locking, although the central locking is activated when turning the key in all the other doors! Weird.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Got the vclass back from MB monday - turned out they EGR valve was fine so did not have to wait for the part. Some cable had become disconnected. Still cost over £200 though.

I had decided to replace the whole wiring loom in the door. It was only £45 and I figured it would save time and stay fixed for longer; if one or two wires had broken on the existing loom, others could be not far behind.

Having replaced that the electric windows were working fine but the central locking was not. On a hunch I took apart the boot and the sensor there had become disattached. I can't see where it should clip on to so for now just taped the connection closed. The central locking works fine now and the alarm comes on. There is a picture of the sensor attached - anyone know where it should go?

Tested the alarm - it activates about 30 seconds after the doors locked. When I set it off there was no sound though, just the flashing lights. Anyone know where the alarm horn is? Does it use the main horn? What about the wiring for it - where does that go?

Thanks,

Jon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000500.JPG (73.9 KB, 447 views)
#7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

Nice one.

So it was the boot causing the central locking malfunction then? Or just a side issue along with the door?

Think i'll have a look over mine tomorrow once i'v finished the install.
#8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, it was the boot causing the central locking problems. That sensor should have it's contacts closed when the boot is closed. When you look at yours, if the sensor is in place, could you take a photo or give a description of where it's located please?

Thanks,

Jon.
#9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 PM
BenzWorld Member

Yep no problems.

I'll whip the lot off tomorrow and take a pic of whatever i find! lol

Do all Vito's have an alarm then?
#10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Mine is a V Class rather than a Vito and I think all of them do. Not sure though.

Next thing I want to sort is the drivers arm rest. I need the piece that screws into the seat back, or a whole arm rest that I can take apart. Anyone know where I might get one of these? £120 from MB.

Ta,

Jon.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class