Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replacing Vito Mirror Glass

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  zenman 63 
#1 ·
Hi all
Ive just recieved a new mirror glass this morning and was wondering how it fits.
It is a genuine merc part with the plastic back and on looking it looks like a simple but careful push and click?
Neil

#4 ·
remove vito mirror

Hi

I was wondering whether this applied to my 2004 model. I undid the two screws inside the window but the mirror still seemed quite solid. What I want to do is replace the shell at the back of the mirror because it is broken. I also want to paint then mirror unit before puting them back on.

Can anyone help?

#7 ·
Mirror unit removal Vito 639 2004

Can anyone explain to me how to remove the whole mirror unit from the door of the van? I have undone the 2 screws that appear to hold the mirror and pivot to the door. However the mirror unit is still firmly attached.

Any help appreciated.

:confused:

#8 ·
Old post I know.
The 639 glass also just clips on, if you tip it right down you can see behind and get a long small screwdriver down the back and clip it off.
The mirror has 3 screws 2 you can see and one behind the black plastic cover this glued and clipped on! it then comes down 10mm and it's off.
If you want the back off then take the glass out first, then you can see 3 clips, these push out with a screwdriver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.