Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Vito 110 Instrument Panel light always on

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mr_rusty 
#1 ·
In the last couple of days the headlight warning "beeper" has been going off whenever I open the doors. All of the headlights and interior lights are off but the instrument panel light stays on. Any ideas?

Cheers - Jon.

#2 · (Edited)
When you mean instrument panel lights, do you mean the milometer digital display, or the back light instrument panel lights that come on when you switch the headlights on. I presume when you remove the key out + door closed, the instrument milometer switches off after several seconds, but the instrument panel back lights remain on permanently. To also state the obvious, although they're switched off on the storks inside, you've checked all the lights outside front and back are actually off.

With the door open and the beeping on, I would remove and replace one at a time fuse numbers 1,2,3,10,11,12,13 and 14 in the fuse box under the steering column. Check too they're the right rating (all blue 15amps). Removing fuse number 10 should definitely cut the instrument back lights, but which fuse(s) stops the warning beeping?

If you haven't got a owners manual have a look at Sarge's pics further down on this post as to what fuse is for what:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-class/1303706-vito-cdi112-guess-fuse.html

Does removing fuse number 10 also stop the beeping. If its another fuse that stops the beeping, do the instrument lights go off too when you remove this fuse

Which ever fuse stops the beeping is the fault the circuits on .
Let us know how you get on.

#3 ·
had the same happen to me the other week after i had my van MOT done. after a bit of searching found it to be the foglight switch still switched down on the on position . dont know if this is normal to happen or some sort of electrical fault though.anway after turning swich to the off position problem sovled...no more beeping.
hope this helps.....

#4 ·
colin38 said:
had the same happen to me the other week after i had my van MOT done. after a bit of searching found it to be the foglight switch still switched down on the on position . dont know if this is normal to happen or some sort of electrical fault though.anway after turning swich to the off position problem sovled...no more beeping.
hope this helps.....

Yeah, it is normal, i got caught out too.

Ugly

#6 ·
colin38 said:
hope this helps.....
Bingo, it was the fog light switch down. I had checked that all of the lights were off but obviously this switch caused the problem.

Cheers - J.

#7 ·
Old thread resurrection I know but..

Talk about embarrasing it was the fog light switch for me as well :eek:

Thats why I love forums like these though as you can almost guarantee someone else has suffered the same problem :D

Thanks again all :bowdown:

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.