Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Unimog Electronic Ignition installed

950 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pinzssi 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone here been tempted to go this route? I'm not unhappy with my current Pertonix setup from EI which is a big improvement over my point setup. However, it's still pretty sensitive to moist (rainy) weather, at least until it's been properly warmed up and I can't help but think it's related to the spark transfer between the rotor & cap over less than dry air. Long term reliability on the trail aside, can't help but wonder if this might be the way to go. Thoughts from the group? Anyone installed one if these yet or know someone who has?

#3 ·
The photos you see are taken from a truck in Albuquerque. The owner claims it runs very well, it is the first one so far. Many similar systems have been installed in Pinzgauers for the last four years with great success. Moisture is not an issue. 3 coils fire 3 times each in rapid succession for each power stroke and again on the exhaust (waste spark). MUCH better ignition than the stock points setup.

760-775-5160 after 5 PST, anytime on weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.