Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Looking for a Unimog in Southern California

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  techMOGogy 
#1 ·
I am looking for a Unimog 404 in Southern California in order to set up an electronic ignition system with. I need to take measurements and pictures so it will fit in other Unimogs with the same engine. You can buy the system at cost when I am done, or I will leave your vehicle in stock condition. This should not take more than an hour or two and I don't need to drive the vehicle. You can see the ignition system made for the Pinzgauer here- Pinzgauer Solid State Ignition System
Note- this same ignition system will fit into a Mercedes with the inline 6 gas engine.

760-775-5160

#4 · (Edited)
Don't knock what you don't know!
This could be an impressive upgrade for the 404 and it has been proven on dozens of Pinzgauers.
Programmed ignition module, new coil pack, built-in rev limiter, 3 sparks per power stroke, etc. Plus it is 100% waterproof!
I don't use it on my Pinz as I have EFI but everyone (litterally everyone) who has installed one says they run better and start quickly.
Anyways, I am not a salesman, just saying it would be beneficial to all 404 owners.

Water test:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.