Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Aneroid for a PES6A pump

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  yarr 
#1 ·
Anyone here got a Bosch P/N for an Aneroid for a PES6A pump? This would be the aneroid on any of the aneroid having OM352a or OM366a engines.

If someone with one of these could post up a photo of the P/N or the P/N directly I, and those poor souls who keep getting smoked out behind me, would be obliged.

:)

C.

#3 ·
You would think... But they are idiots...

My pump guy says he likely has one, but he is 3.5 hrs away. Will have to find time to make it up there...

In the mean time, I guess I will just turn the fuel down. :(

C.

#5 ·
Very true, but looking for the mindless solution. Smoked a guy on a bike, which had to be unpleasant, without realizing what was happening until it was too late (low RPM, accelerating up an increasing grade).

I think I may have something to go on now, however...

Will post here if I find the solution.

C.

#6 ·
The best new info I have on this is that the stock OM352 PES6 pump with the truck gov'ner cannot be retrofitted with an aneroid, without significant modification. I will re port if I find contrary info, but that is the conclusion from researching the parts diagrams at the Bosch shop today. The Gov'ner housing needs to be replaced among other things.

C.

#8 ·
Assuming you have the truck GOV, there is an android that bolts on in place of your fuel rack limit adjuster. The aneroid simply limits the max amount of fuel (via rack travel) until it sees boost and then gradually opens as boost increases. You do not have to change the gov casing unless you have the tractor pump.

#10 ·
That is what I thought also, but durned if I can find the parts to make it work. I held the parts that work with the other Gov'ner housing, but they don't work with mine. At least not the ones that he had. And I could find no others in the micros that were even close...

I am all ears here, I am coming up blank...

C.

#11 ·
I would have to likely get part numbers when I am back in Albuquerque again, but the jist of it is that you have to drill and tap two holes on the back of the gov housing. This converts the gov housing over to accept the aneroid mount etc. it's not a precision fit so it could be done with basic tools. Its likely a good time to have your shop look over the pump and gov while you have it out. Attached the a pic of a stock mog gov housing found on this site. Notice the blank machines flat above the fuel rack screw. This is where you have to machine the housing for the extra bolts etc. The housing and mechanics are all the same, they just didn't finish the machine work. Not to dissimilar to how I converted my engine block to an A block.

Attachments

#12 ·
I know that pump! :)

I see what you mean, will have to look some more. I should have had this done when they put the 10mm plungers in it and rebuilt it, but I thought I would not mind a little black smoke. But fueling for 240 HP at 1500 RPM is not a little smoke until the boost comes on....

C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.